Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I own a 2015 CR-V with about 73000 miles on it. We’ve had it since new and I do all the oil changes, brake pads, air filter / cabin air filter, etc. Haven’t had any real problems really. I know there are maintenance recommendations in the manual, but from a practical standpoint, can anyone give me any suggestions on when various fluids or items like spark plugs should be changed?

Thanks!
Christopher in Texas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personally, at 5 years and 75K miles, I'd dump, flush and refill everything. Brake lines/reservoir, Power Steering, Transmission, Rear end (if AWD), Radiator, and of course oil/filter. Condensation and age are the enemies of automotive fluids. Some Hondas have a procedure for the Transmission that calls for periodically draining one quart and refilling with a new quart. Should be in the manual if CR-V's use this procedure...I haven't looked.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
Honda recommends replacing (flushing) brake fluid every 3 years regardless of mileage.

The parts Honda uses last a long time, 10 years/100K miles for coolant. 100K to change the power steering fluid (if yours is hydraulic, can't remember when CR-Vs changed to electric power assisted steering).

Plugs are Iridium, when we pulled ours @ the recommended 110K the gaps were close to spec but we replaced them anyway.

Trans and differential drain & fills are more than a quart, ATF better have ~4 qts on hand, rear diff 2 quarts.

Cabin & engine air filters can be inspected (if it is dusty where you are, more often replacement is warranted)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts