Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001-2002 Accord, Civic , CR-V and Odyssey have potential air bag issues that put out too much pressure upon deployment. Owners will be notified if there vehicles are included in this recall. 2007 -2008 Fit model-year Honda Fit, related to the master power window switch. In some very limited instances, when an extreme amount of liquid, such as rain or melted snow, floods the master power window switch in the driver’s door, it may result in a switch malfunction with a potential for overheating. Mods, if this has been posted already, my bad..just wanted to get the word out if not can we please move it to headlines .

·
Registered
30 Posts
i'm expecting this to hit the uk as well. better get the dealerships number in the speed-dial......

·
Read Only
73 Posts
Right i called Honda Head Office Customer services 0845 200 8000.

And they said it will NOT affect UK CRV's as they use a different airbag system..

Well.,....... thats what they are saying for now !!

·
Registered
312 Posts
is this the same recall as the airbag recall for the vic bout 4 months ago?

i have an 01 civic and i'm well aware of the civic/accord airbag recall but i didn't know there's one for the CRV too... and i just bought an 01 CRV... fml. LOL.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
is this the same recall as the airbag recall for the vic bout 4 months ago?

i have an 01 civic and i'm well aware of the civic/accord airbag recall but i didn't know there's one for the CRV too... and i just bought an 01 CRV... fml. LOL.
Yes this is the same recall as the Civic. It only affects 2002 CRV's.....Yours is safe.

·
Registered
312 Posts
ahh see the gen2 crv are based on the 7thgen civic (my 01 civic) so it make sense that they share alot of compnents... GOOD DEAL.

now i still gotta worry bout my temp gauge not working, power door lock grinding noise, and my audio code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Announces Expansion of Driver’s Airbag Inflator Recall
American Honda Motor Co., Inc has expanded a previously announced recall of certain 2001 and 2002 model-year vehicles to replace the driver’s airbag inflator in an additional 378,758 vehicles in the U.S. The driver’s airbag inflators in these vehicles may deploy with too much pressure, which can cause the inflator casing to rupture and could result in injury or fatality.

In total, American Honda is aware of 12 incidents related to this issue as of February 2010. While American Honda was aware of two additional events when the decision to first expand the recall was made in July 2009, we are not aware of any new events that have occurred after July 2009. However, we have concluded that we cannot be completely certain that the driver’s airbag inflator in the vehicles being added to this recall at this time will perform as designed. Therefore, we have decided to add certain 2001 and 2002 Accord, Civic, Odyssey, CR-V, and selected 2002 Acura TL vehicles to this recall.

American Honda is announcing this recall expansion to encourage all owners of these vehicles to take their vehicle to an authorized dealer as soon as they receive notification from American Honda that their vehicle is affected. Notification to customers will start within this month.

As with nearly all Honda and Acura safety recalls, American Honda originally brought this matter to the attention of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and has kept NHTSA apprised of our decision to include additional vehicles in the expanded recall. At this time, there is no action required on the part of the customer. While we know the range of affected vehicles, we are currently processing the specific vehicle identification numbers (VINs) of the expanded group that will receive notifications by mail. We also expect to have more detailed recall information about specific vehicles available at this website beginning at 2:00 p.m. Pacific time on Friday, February 12, 2010.

Owners of these vehicles will be able to determine if their vehicle requires repair by going on-line or calling. Honda owners can go to http://owners.honda.com/recalls or call (800) 999-1009; Acura owners can go to http://owners.acura.com/recalls or call (800) 382-2238. If calling, customers should select menu item 4.

We apologize for any inconvenience or concern that this matter may cause to you or your family. Please rest assured that American Honda will make every effort to notify affected owners as soon as possible.http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/maintenance/Airbag_recall.asp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the US they are saying all 2001 and 2002 models not sure for the UK but this was sent too me straight from Honda .

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
So it affects 2002's. Hmmm. maybe I should just replace my wheel with a bagless one, since apparently the bag is just going to kill me anyway...

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have a 2002 and I checked ownerlink, no recall for me so I guess I got a good one. I have a JDM CR-V anyway so I like to think the quality is better.

Lol @ bagless wheel, you should see what Mustang guys have to go through to get the car to stop freaking out when the airbag(s) are removed for a racing wheel. Likely the same thing on Honda products.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I called honda canada about this a couple of months ago about my '01 CRV. they told be it included a few 2001's, depending on where the car was assembled, and told me that my crv is not affected...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Don't even need to call, just check ownerlink. That really is a nice setup for figuring out exactly what recalls happened for your vehicle.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i missed the earlier messages in this thread, but noticed the recent ones. so i checked online and found that my vehicle is not affected.
so, although my situation is no different than it was yesterday, somehow i feel better.
so, thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts