Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just on here as I prepare to make a purchase... I am looking forward to trying something a little different. Here in Northern California the outback is quite popular due to our varied road conditions, but we have begun to see more CRVs on the road. I guess we will add one more.

Wish me luck.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,879 Posts
Just on here as I prepare to make a purchase... I am looking forward to trying something a little different. Here in Northern California the outback is quite popular due to our varied road conditions, but we have begun to see more CRVs on the road. I guess we will add one more.

Wish me luck.
Just to give you fair warning, there are a lot of people who are experiencing vibration issues on the new CRV's. http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/14-problems-issues/63138-2015-honda-cr-v-vibration-idle.html

·
Registered
579 Posts
And there are a lot more people who have no problems with their 2015 CR-V and think it's a great choice.
And why is Honda releasing videos admitting there are problems and issuing re-flashes for some of the causes, if all is well?

You want to spend big bucks and hope you're lucky and get one without problems? Roll the dice. Your choice.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,879 Posts
And there are a lot more people who have no problems with their 2015 CR-V and think it's a great choice.
I have been a big CRV defender and you can see that in the link that I attached. However, there is still a problem and warning someone before they spend $25-$30K is the least we can do. In this link http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/11-shoppin-test-drivin/82249-happy-2015-honda-cr-v-owners.html you will see people who are or were happy with their purchase until their vehicle developed the vibration as they got higher miles on it. I have a '13, so I don't care either way.

·
Registered
454 Posts
This is interesting.

I had every intention of buying an Outback. My best friend has an Outback.

My Camry was dying in January and had to buy a car somewhat quick. I went to the Subaru dealer and all they had was an ugly green in stock. It was going to be 2 plus weeks to get one in (was afraid Camry was fully going to die so needed something quickly).

I went to the Honda dealer and there were plenty of CRV EX-L's and they gave me something decent for my trade-in.

I went with the CRV EX-L.

Some comments as I ride frequently in my friends Outback and I have the CRV. The Subaru has far better/more comfortable seats! The Subaru has a much deeper cargo area but the CRV has a higher cargo area - the volume is the same but I find the Subaru cargo area more useful. The Subaru Outback has a more comfortable ride.

I like sitting high in the Honda CRV. With the 2 cars next to each other, they look the same height but you sit higher on the CRV. Even stranger, the Subaru has a higher/better ground clearance.

I really wish the Subaru Outback would sit higher as it would be no comparison.

·
Registered
548 Posts
This is interesting.

I had every intention of buying an Outback. My best friend has an Outback.

My Camry was dying in January and had to buy a car somewhat quick. I went to the Subaru dealer and all they had was an ugly green in stock. It was going to be 2 plus weeks to get one in (was afraid Camry was fully going to die so needed something quickly).

I went to the Honda dealer and there were plenty of CRV EX-L's and they gave me something decent for my trade-in.

I went with the CRV EX-L.

Some comments as I ride frequently in my friends Outback and I have the CRV. The Subaru has far better/more comfortable seats! The Subaru has a much deeper cargo area but the CRV has a higher cargo area - the volume is the same but I find the Subaru cargo area more useful. The Subaru Outback has a more comfortable ride.

I like sitting high in the Honda CRV. With the 2 cars next to each other, they look the same height but you sit higher on the CRV. Even stranger, the Subaru has a higher/better ground clearance.

I really wish the Subaru Outback would sit higher as it would be no comparison.
Subaru AWD with Hi/Lo ratio is awesome also when compared to the Honda version.
Ok the Lo ratio is not a huge difference like in a full blown 4WD, but it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.