Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi first post from a new member and new 2011 CR-V EX-L owner.

I love absolutely everything about this car with two exceptions. The non dimmable running lights and the push on, push off parking brake. I have a plan for the lights but I was wondering if any of yall had ever tried to set up the parking brake for manual release like a lot of older pickup trucks had. I found the service manual and it looks like I would need some other way to actuate the circled pawl. Probably a bowden cable and a remote lever or ring pull on the other end. It would still be able to be pushed off but it would be nice to have another option.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I felt kind of iffy about this setup, too, when I first got my '07, as my driveway has a fairly steep slope. But after a year I am confident in it now - it has not glitched at all. So I wouldn't modify it. I prefer to go by the adage that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Mu old F250 does have a manual release and works well, which is good since the truck is much heavier than the Honda.

None the less, if you were going to change it, I suspect you'd have to replace the whole thing with one from another vehicle that was built to work that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts