Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my touring to get examined by strange sound when I open and close my door. It was determined that my fender and my door were rubbing (drivers side). the paint is scratched and will need body work:(

Warranty has covered this procedure, but I'm just upset this wasn't caught on PDI or Quality Control prior to vehicle leaving for shipment.

They've arranged a courtesy car but it's a corolla/civic, and I need the space to haul my family's stuff (car seats x2), strollers. The car is from the body shop and not Honda.

How can I get a SUV as a replacement, I know the work will take only a day or so to fix, but i feel i shouldn't be inconvenienced due to their error.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
600 Posts
How was it that you did not notice this rub right from the moment you picked the car up when you took delivery? If it wasn't doing it then, my guess is something happened that you might not be aware of, like a slight tap in a parking lot that may have pushed the fender and door closer to each other. My wife touched a bollard in a bank parking lot that barely dent her fender in our 2004 Pilot and it pushed the fender into the door and created a rub.

As you stated, it was inspected during manufacturing, during the PDI, when you took delivery...unlikely something like that was missed with all those opportunities to find it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
How was it that you did not notice this rub right from the moment you picked the car up when you took delivery? If it wasn't doing it then, my guess is something happened that you might be aware of, light a slight tap in a parking lot that may have pushed the fender and door closer to each other.

As you stated, it was inspected during manufacturing, during the PDI, when you took
delivery...unlikely something like that was missed with all those opportunities to find it.
Something is amiss here. I think he got his car around March of this
year and he has been, I believe tinkering with it a little bit by reading some of his previous post. And It's just now that he hears the rub on the door ?

Me thinks the OP should fill us in on this a little bit more as to when he got the car and when he noticed the problem and what he has been doing to the car since March.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Dealer covered your defect and the body shop offers you a Corolla, for a day or two?

What is more important to you?

By the time we start posting you already about have picked up your car and dealt with your problem and resolved it?

So the lesson to be learned here is to ask before you take, so you can opt for what you prefer , and that would have been:

your own car rental. Your insurance covers up to an amount. pick a better shop.

I hope your manufacturer defect was repaired and you gotten your same car replacement.

FISH

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've had generally very good experiences with warranty programs from car manufactures.
I have yet to have receive a date to get my crv fixed. The dealer was very quick to get a work order going, but their body shop (whom i've dealt with previously) is booked for 2 weeks so I will bide my time.
- I will ask if they'll cover my own rental car, since it's not a car insurance claim, but a warranty claim it may be difficult to negotiate a rental for free (thx for the tip FISH).
- The only mods done to the vehicle are a KNN drop in filter, upgraded engine ground wires, and rear LED reverse bulbs.
- Dealer installed mods are the front lip kit, and LED fog lamp bulbs.
- I doubt any of the above mentioned items would cause a body alignment defect.

Regards

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If you dealt with this shop before then you had no trouble with getting a rental from them before? Just not happy with the choice they gave you for the few days w/o the car. Good luck and hope it all works out? You may like the toyota or the civc you never know?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i drive a 07 civic as our other daily, have no issues driving the civic. It's just that a few colleagues of mine drive cars from other manufactures, if their vehicle ever gets an extended stay for maintenance or warranty purposes, they get a similar vehicle as a loaner/rental.

I'm sure it will work out, just not sure if i can get a SUV as a loaner. The Honda dealer secured the courtesy car from the body shop. I know they give dealer demos as loaners out for perspective customers, i have no issues taking an old demo for a day.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There have been a few family functions for last week and this week, im awaiting to hear if monday/tuesday next week works for the dealer/body shop. I will be getting a honda civic as a replacement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts