Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2016 CRV on June 30th and paid cash. The Man rebates was $1,500. Effective July 1 ( less then 11 hours after I pickup up the car) it increased to $3,000.

Anyone have any luck getting new incentives after the date of purchase? ( understand more then a few days).:confused: Effectively lost $1500. In Canada store was closed on July 1 so pickup it up the day before.

Regards:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Welcome !! I'd think that your only hope would be the dealer going to bat for you. I wouldn't get too optimistic. Craig

·
Registered
91 Posts
Honestly I'm not too sure you can. I remember when buying mine (Canada) I told them when the month rolled over if they would give me any incentive changes and they said sure. Only difference is I was picking my crv up in the first week of the new month so delivery was not made and I think I was still under a 7 day cool down period by law. Who knows if they would've followed through. Sorry no real help. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
I don't believe there is a cool down period in Ontario.

Once you sign the contract the deal is done.

If the told you they would honor new incentives you want to make sure you have it in writing.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The reason for rebates is to get people to buy cars. If you have already bought it, an additional rebate would be useless to the manufacturer.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just bought a 2016 CRV on June 30th and paid cash. The Man rebates was $1,500. Effective July 1 ( less then 11 hours after I pickup up the car) it increased to $3,000.

Anyone have any luck getting new incentives after the date of purchase? ( understand more then a few days).:confused: Effectively lost $1500. In Canada store was closed on July 1 so pickup it up the day before.

Regards:
Can you cite the source for these rebates? The only cash rebates Honda are reporting for the CR-V are a $500 military personnel rebate and a $500 college student rebate. Honda are also offering 0.9% financing on the CR-V. I'd be very interested where you're coming up with such lofty amounts - that's almost unheard of for Honda. I believe I saw $3,000 or $3,500 on the slow-selling Ridgeline several years ago, but that was a very rare exception for Honda who typically do not offer thinks like rebates or 0% interested financing. They don't need to.

EDIT: Just realized the OP is in Canada. I'm not used to being on automotive forums with so many Canadians. :) I did a quick search and confirmed there are indeed cash rebates on various Honda models. That's a strange concept for those of us in the US - at least as far as Honda is concerned!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
EDIT: Just realized the OP is in Canada. I'm not used to being on automotive forums with so many Canadians. :) I did a quick search and confirmed there are indeed cash rebates on various Honda models. That's a strange concept for those of us in the US - at least as far as Honda is concerned!
In Canada (if I remember correctly) other models like the Ford Escape outsell the CRV. The CRV doesn't dominate the market up there the way it does here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is shows up when you pay cash. Just go to build the CRV and is shows up under the cash part. I phoned Honda Canada to confirm as well. Yes they are giving $3,000 man rebate if you are paying cash only. Started July 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts