Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 05 CRV has 95,000 km on the clock and I'm still running original pads and rotors. The pads are quite low and plan on changing them soon but the rotors still look very good (no pulsating, grooves etc...). I have a micrometer and I'm going to measure their thickness to see if I need to change them also. What is their limit? I have an 02 CRV service manual and it says 0.83". Does anyone have an 05 service manual to look at and let me know what is the limit measurement? Thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
According to the 05 manual...
Brake disc thickness:
Standard: 25.0 mm (0.98 in.)
Max. refinishing limit: 23.0 mm (0.91 in.)
Brake disc parallelism: 0.015 mm (0.0006 in.) max.
Untitled-1 copy.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
ummm still not sure what you guys are talking about...Does this mean the difference in thickness between the driver and passenger side pads?

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Runout in simple terms is the side to side motion of the rotor as it rotates.

Excessive runout can be caused by warped rotors or even corrosion or dirt on the mating surface between the rotor and hub.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there a resource online that I can download an 05 CRV service manual for free? Just like their parts, Honda is charging a fortune for this manual!

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Is there a resource online that I can download an 05 CRV service manual for free? Just like their parts, Honda is charging a fortune for this manual!

You may be able to find one on line somewhere. But you will not find it posted here.

Posting links to downloads of pirated manuals are not we condone here.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes, the best place to find free automotive repair info is your local library. Ask if they have a repair manual you can check-out, or even better an online automotive database.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts