Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I know that there are a ton of articles on this topic. After going through most, I haven't gotten a consensus on what is the largest A/T tire that can fit on a 2002-2004 (it's difficult to separate opinion from fact) What is the largest A/T that you have put on that doesn't rub or cause any issues? Best 205/70-15 A/T tires? Geolandar A/T G015 - Size: 205/70R15?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The sizes your posting are OEM size.

I have 225/70r16 Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s on mine but can rub a little under full suspension travel in the rear. I put these on Jeep Wrangler 16" wheels which have the same bolt pattern but spaces the tires about 10mm further out (clearance for suspension which may not have been needed and may be the reason for slight rear rub).

You can go bigger, think 225 or 235 width tires no problem, is the height you have to watch out for. 5-6% diameter increase at most. Mine is over 8%

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it sounds like 215/75-15 fit well without rubbing. Anybody had any issues with this size? What are some of the most inexpensive A/T wheels on the market?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
There definitely won't be issues with that, wouldn't even call those any bigger as that's BARELY bigger.. Like I said I went up a total of 3 inches and no issues. I know 235/75r15s fit not issues as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts