Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I am wondering if placing wider tires on my 2018 EX Cr-V will cause rubbing on the wheel well, suspension etc...

Current tire size is 235/60/r18
Proposed new tire size will be 265/60/r18

The new winter tires are ready to be mounted but I want to be sure that I won't damage my car.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hey Folks,

I am wondering if placing wider tires on my 2018 EX Cr-V will cause rubbing on the wheel well, suspension etc...

The new winter tires are ready to be mounted but I want to be sure that I won't damage my car.

I would think a tire shop should be able answer that.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
I have 255/55/18's on my '07 (which is considerably wider and an inch larger in diameter than stock) with no ill effects. They don't rub, and clear in all conditions. I'm not sure how much that might or might not help, but I will say this: the larger tires and wheels were already there when I got the car (I'm the second owner). I would never have done this. I don't believe there is any advantage to it. These tires are much louder - disturbingly so, in fact, and have an effect on fuel mileage as well, though I won't know how much until I replace them in a few months. They also have what I think is a negative effect on ride and handling, in that the car rides rougher than others I've ridden in, and tracks in a much less agile way. They are also heavier. None of these factors, IMO, are beneficial. So, when I replace them, I will probably go with 235's, which are still wider than the stock 225's.

I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting to do it, but I'd weigh the pros and cons carefully. YMMV. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your thoughts!!!
I'm still deliberating about which direction to go in.

Will let you know when I've made my decision.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,781 Posts
Hey Folks,

I would hate for you to pay for those tires only to discover they don't fit.

The proposed tire is 1.2 inches wider than stock, which could result in the inner edge touching the suspension. It's also 1.4 inches taller, and there probably isn't enough space under the wheel arch for it under compression/steering on full lock.

Going with a smaller width and lower aspect ratio will reduce the potential for this happening as another poster suggests

1 - 5 of 5 Posts