Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering changing our 2019 Touring for a 2021 Touring. Would this trade be technically and style a rise move. FYI out 2019 is paid off. Would want all 2021 options.

·
The Enforcer
2,850 Posts

Have a look here.

Only you can know whats financially beneficial for you really :)

Reactions: Blu-Sky

·
Registered
81 Posts
Honda has made all the improvements to this model and it is a solid choice if you like this gen. Perhaps the next Generation will be better but to be safe I would wait a couple of years into the production cycle to buy one

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
3,537 Posts
Only you can make that decision if it is the right move. Bottom Line Is the cost and what the price you will be paying. A lot factors in that is not told

Insurance
Old car is being traded or private sale
ET..
Like said a lot has to factor in if its worth it or not

·
Registered
2014 EX-L AWD
82 Posts
except for a few styling changes, the two are relatively the same car (since you got the touring model in '19). the turbo engine became standard as well as ADAS became standard. touring models already had those features, so the only difference would be a few bumps and creases in the body work.

you took the depreciation hit on the '19 already....and starting over with the same car only 2 years newer, you'll be taking the depreciation hit on that as well. personally, not worth it to me. if you feel you want the newest and greatest (albeit the same) car, and don't mind taking the losses....then, go for it. only you can really determine what's best for you.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,917 Posts
Well, the 2021 is probably the last year of the Gen5, so most of the bugs were worked out.

As stated, if that is worth it to you, go for it. Seems as if you could save money by putting HALF the monthly payment for a new car into the bank, to use for repairs on the '19.

++++++++++
Humorous side note:

Once your warranty expires, you MIGHT get repeated offers to buy an extended warranty.
Even Aliens in Utah are doing this. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Have a look here.

Only you can know whats financially beneficial for you really :)
Only you can make that decision if it is the right move. Bottom Line Is the cost and what the price you will be paying. A lot factors in that is not told

Insurance
Old car is being traded or private sale
ET..
Like said a lot has to factor in if its worth it or not

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best reason to keep the 19. That's what I'll be looking for whenever I get rid of mine. Also last yr for Molten Lave Pearl.
?

·
Super Moderator
3,537 Posts
okay then

·
Super Moderator
3,537 Posts
you quoted with no saying so that is why you're confused

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
534 Posts
I don't think I would make such a move for a two-year difference, unless the newer model had something I couldn't live without, like a Faster Than Light drive?

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
661 Posts
2019 owner here. Im not crazy about the newer version front end, comparatively. If your 2019 is not giving you any trouble, why change vehicles? Perhaps you like to have a fresh new vehicle every few years? If so, then leasing is the way to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Best reason to keep the 19. That's what I'll be looking for whenever I get rid of mine. Also last yr for Molten Lave Pearl.
AGREED!!I am happy I bought a 2019, no start stop, most kinks worked out from earlier 5th gen years, and the original front bumper!!(y)(y)

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,340 Posts
Unless you need a new CRV right now.. if it were me.. I would wait for the new gen6 CRVs... as THAT will be a real upgrade to the original release of the gen5 CRVs.

Gen6 will drop late this year or spring of next year from past pattern by Honda.

The 2020/2021 are really the same as 2019s with a few styling and cosmetic changes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts