Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
2019 owner here. Im not crazy about the newer version front end, comparatively. If your 2019 is not giving you any trouble, why change vehicles? Perhaps you like to have a fresh new vehicle every few years? If so, then leasing is the way to go.
Yes, the front bumper and the on/off starter is a deal breaker for me!!

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
2,813 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
except for a few styling changes, the two are relatively the same car (since you got the touring model in '19). the turbo engine became standard as well as ADAS became standard. touring models already had those features, so the only difference would be a few bumps and creases in the body work.

you took the depreciation hit on the '19 already....and starting over with the same car only 2 years newer, you'll be taking the depreciation hit on that as well. personally, not worth it to me. if you feel you want the newest and greatest (albeit the same) car, and don't mind taking the losses....then, go for it. only you can really determine what's best for you.
totally agree....I don’t think your getting a whole lot more in the 2020-21 that you don’t already have in your 2019

and you’ll take a bit hit on depreciation

Brian

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
2,813 Posts
One thing hasn't been mentioned here, perhaps two! LOL
New full warranty, and new tires.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Unless you need a new CRV right now.. if it were me.. I would wait for the new gen6 CRVs... as THAT will be a real upgrade to the original release of the gen5 CRVs.

Gen6 will drop late this year or spring of next year from past pattern by Honda.

The 2020/2021 are really the same as 2019s with a few styling and cosmetic changes.
A few things- Honda implemented Honda sensing across the model range, new wheels, smoked tail lights, revised console area plus I would bet they made some tweaks to the 1.5 since it is the only engine choice. And tweaks I mean improvements

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Hybrid or wait.

Or at least wait till Honda unveils the 2022 changes to see if there is a big step.

The infotainment system in current gen is bad enough to not make this move worth it. Patience

21 - 27 of 27 Posts