Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to be hit or miss, that a unit this size / type will fit your vehicle. But in the 4th gen of ours, I'd say it's about the most 'factory' it could be (and of course be a larger screen).

Rather than worry about an aftermarket dash kit for your specific vehicle, just go with the more current 'floating' concept.

I'd honestly seriously consider one of these, except for one thing, the display resolution. It's hard to fathom why Alpine only put a 480p in these very expensive things. It should have been at least a 1080p. Oh well, it sure does fit a 4th gen quite well though.

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 138578

How does Lanewatch and the rear view camera images look? What adapter did you use? Thanks for sharing. I like how this looks!!!
Sorry, I may not have made it clear enough. I didn't buy one of these, just found the picture and shared because it's in a 4th gen CRV. And, it looks great, as you agree also.

I did comment that I'd buy one if Alpine had made the resolution a 1080p (not 480p). Comments in reviews I read indicate you can see the individual pixels in some situations. That's just ridiculous for something so expensive.

Cheers

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
idk man... maybe its the angle but it looks like it partiall blocks the view of the upper screen.
I think you are correct. The angle certainly does make it appear that way, but while sitting in it I don't think it would be blocked very much, if at all. The vents may also be slightly blocked, but hardly at all. And you'd have to reach over the top to push the emergency flasher button.
But I think I'd be very happy with the result for sure. Between all the give-and-take with the various aftermarket head units, I'd still say it's the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.