Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a potential first time buyer of a new 2008 CR-V living in the Northern Virginia area. I am interested in an EX-L (no NAV) and I've already gotten an offer for $25,522 (excluding taxes, tags, fees, etc.). I'm thinking about heading in to a dealership at the end of this month to start haggling, but I'm not sure if I should wait until Memorial Day. My question to all CR-V experts:

Does anyone know whether Honda dealerships (generally and, if you know, in the Northern VA / DC area) will be having any good incentives or rebates this Memorial Day 2008? It seems that these cars are so popular, there have not been too many incentives flying around, such as low APR or good rebates. Have past Memorial Day sales offered good CR-V deals?

If the Memorial Day incentives are not expected to be extravagant, I'll consider pulling the trigger and buying an EX-L at the end of this month if I find what appears to be a good deal. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same Boat

We also "have" to buy a CR-V (you can see my other post) within about 30 days.
We can hold out until Memorial Day, but I'd rather not unless there is a good deal.
What dealerships are you looking at? I'm near Fredricksburg and there is one that starts with a "P" (can't remember the full name). He offered me an EX-L for around 25, too.
What finance rates are you seeing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Memorial Day Specials

I'm in the greater DC area and the farthest south I have looked is Woodbridge. I haven't gotten financing quotes from them yet, but up here, the best I've gotten so far is 4.9%. The rest are mid to low 5%. I'm just not sure if this will change come Memorial Day - that is the essence of my question/post!

Anyone else have any light to shed on this matter?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just spoke with two seperate dealerships in my area and both said that Honda will not be offering any incentives b/c the CR-Vs and Fits are selling good enough as it is.

And both dealers said if Honda doesn't do it, they can't.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought my CRV back in February during President's Week. Honda wasn't offering any incentives or rebates, but the dealership had a "Manager's Special" and were knocking $500 off of their advertised prices as well as offering accessories at cost.

I got my CRV using the AAA no haggle price (which was $1,000 over invoice) but then got $500 knocked off of that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought my CR-V EX-L AWD Today!

Just bought my Black CR-V EXL AWD with Black leather! Decided to go for the end of the month sales, rather than wade through the crowds during Memorial Day weekend. I also think (hope) I got a pretty good deal. Here are the details:

Car = $24,972
Freight = $635
Processing = $300
VA Tax = $777
Dealer Tax = $44
VA Tags = $66.50
Financing = 4.99% (60 months)

TOTAL (out the door) = $26,793

I feel like I could have squeezed a bit more out of them, but I'm not sure.
Also, for those curious, I bought from one of the only dealers in the Northern Virginia are who was willing to let me do 90 days delayed payment, which helps me out a bunch.

Best of luck to all and thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was just offered $24,600 for an '08 CRV EX-L AWD (no Navi) from Honda Tysons. They apparently have 14 in stock. I haven't even begun to haggle with him yet (it was an internet quote). If I'm not mistaken, this is below public invoice. There are obviously deals out there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great Deal. That is what I paid for my '07 EX-L AWD. Get it in writing. Ask them for total disclosure of all fees and taxes before you visit.

FWIW - Haven't seen a '08 get out the door less than $26,400 (including all the dealer add-on expenses).

·
Registered
81 Posts
To Binky!!

I paid -- "out the door" $25,500 for a white AWD (4wd) EXL (no Nav) on April 21st here in Missouri (no trade in -- simple cash deal ). This included their $99.00 "document fee" but in this state we pay our taxes and license fees at the State of Missouri Dept. of Revenue offices. They are based on the difference of the new car and the price you got for your trade-in (or your sale price if you sold your old car outright. I sold my "old" 2001 accord exl for $10,400,-- hence I paid sales taxes on about $15,000 -- for the new CRV. Wife loves her new car!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts