Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
That seems realistic to me. There have been some really unbelievably high numbers reported that I take with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That seems realistic to me. There have been some really unbelievably high numbers reported that I take with a grain of salt.
Before we left on our trip, I was getting in the high 20s. Most of the driving was in rural areas with curves and hills and an occasional highway jaunt of 140 miles.
One thing I did forget to mention is that I was very pleased by the ride and handling of the vehicle. I'm old (79) and don't do long rides well, but the CR-V seats were very comfortable.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,741 Posts
We haven't taken any long trips in our 2020 fwd, but here is a shot my wife took this morning as I was headed to our dealer for 1st service. 37.2 mpg for this tank so far. Sorry it is a bit blurry.

Calculated we are averaging ~35 over the 5,600 miles since new.

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts
People may be surprised at how well the 1.5T can be when driven nicely :)

Reactions: agentl074

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
820 Posts
Very true, but in the real world you drives nicely? If I do't go 20 over on the highway I get the middle finger. I try not to fall into that and stay in the slow lane and focus on the drive
So true. I almost get into an accident every day that I drive and that is not an exaggeration. Los Angeles is full of irate drivers who think that driving 20 miles over the speed limit is going to make a difference in getting somewhere faster. On average, that saves you 30 seconds, perhaps one minute. There is also a-holes who just want to be in front of me. They will zip past, get in front of me, then slow down. I try to drive somewhere between economical speeds and insanity and that's still too slow for the now increasingly busier roadways, since people are starting to get back to working. Drive safely people.

Back on topic. I've had MPGs in the upper twenties average for the past few tanks because of the lack of freeway driving.

·
Registered
234 Posts
From Fuely.com:

2020 Honda CR-V MPG

Based on data from 110 vehicles, 1,806 fuel-ups and 494,470 miles of driving, the 2020 Honda CR-V gets a combined Avg MPG of 27.31 with a 0.23 MPG margin of error.

2019 Honda CR-V MPG
Based on data from 70 vehicles, 2,341 fuel-ups and 664,375 miles of driving, the 2019 Honda CR-V gets a combined Avg MPG of 28.06 with a 0.17 MPG margin of error.

2018 Honda CR-V MPG
Based on data from 343 vehicles, 21,990 fuel-ups and 6,320,577 miles of driving, the 2018 Honda CR-V gets a combined Avg MPG of 28.60 with a 0.05 MPG margin of error.

The above actual mileage is more like what we experience in WI with a higher mix mix of highway to suburban driving. We have never achieved mileage anywhere close to what JB has seen and I have found the computer to about 1-2 mpg better than hand calculating the usage. When the V doesn't see much of any highway its more like low 20's mpg. I'm not complaining my wife only puts on 5,000 miles a year so the cost of gas is negligible. Interesting that the gas mileage is heading down with each model year.

·
3,741 Posts
... We have never achieved mileage anywhere close to what JB has seen and I have found the computer to about 1-2 mpg better than hand calculating the usage. When the V doesn't see much of any highway its more like low 20's mpg. I'm not complaining my wife only puts on 5,000 miles a year so the cost of gas is negligible. Interesting that the gas mileage is heading down with each model year.
We do have an ideal "fuel economy" drive pattern. My wife is the primary driver, usually drives the CR-V to work 4 days a week, 9 miles each way. Four lane suburban/rural divided road, with (if I counted right) 6 well-timed traffic lights. (I think she usually hits 3 of them green) There is not much traffic. The speed limit is 45 MPH, and there is very little elevation change. There is usually at least one radar equipped LEO hiding off to the side, so the normal speed is 45-48 MPH. My wife always exceeds the EPA ratings on her cars. This would be an excellent drive for the Hybrid, but with her only putting 5,600 miles on in a year (similar to your wife, @rd082298), it didn't make financial sense.

Additionally, we don't get cold winters, but we do use the A/C 100% May-Mid Oct.

·
Registered
2017 Civic EX Sedan, 2020 CR-V Touring
70 Posts
Highway driving, the best we have seen with not winter gas is 35 mpg. We did a long drive just recently with winter gas and it was only 30 mpg.

Overall, I am plenty satisfied as it is a far cry better than our 2010 CRV.

In the city, my wife drives the CRV most and is a reserved driver. She averages 25 - 27 mpg city driving.

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts
Merged threads covering 1.5T MPG.

·
Registered
547 Posts
We drove our 2018 Touring with FWD from NW Arkansas to Houston then over to Titusville Florida then back to Arkansas for a total of 4800 miles.
Speed on Interstate was 75-80 mph (usually 80).
We spent two months in town in Florida so we had a lot of city driving.
Our overall average mpg when we got home was 31.8 mpg.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts

Return trip from the airport earlier this AM. Forgot to get the figure on the way there. 44 miles each way, but with slow speeds and average speed cameras/roadworks etc, however, 47mpg (ish), not to be sniffed at!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was the primary driver on my 2017 V for about 3 years before passing it to my teens when I got my 2020 V. Both EX-L AWD. Tracked every single fill-up and stats using the app Road Trip. The vehicle MPG display is often ~ 0.7-1.0 MPG favorable vs actual though.

Not much driving this past year with my 1-year-old 2020 due to much more work from home during this pandemic, but hopefully this next year my average will rise a bit with longer commutes. Winter mileage always crappy here in Chicago area since always warming the car up before hand and running heat a lot. This past week is real nice and per the display I'm getting 30.2 MPG on this latest tank.

Anyway:
2017 CR-V EX-L AWD: 27.09 MPG (over 33K miles)
2020 CR-V EX-L AWD: 25.70 MPG (over 5K miles)

·
3,741 Posts
View attachment 145967

Return trip from the airport earlier this AM. Forgot to get the figure on the way there. 44 miles each way, but with slow speeds and average speed cameras/roadworks etc, however, 47mpg (ish), not to be sniffed at!
This looks excellent, but...How does this translate to US MPG? Rough guess...39 US MPG? Thii is excellent, TDK!
I was the primary driver on my 2017 V for about 3 years before passing it to my teens when I got my 2020 V. Both EX-L AWD. Tracked every single fill-up and stats using the app Road Trip. The vehicle MPG display is often ~ 0.7-1.0 MPG favorable vs actual though.

Not much driving this past year with my 1-year-old 2020 due to much more work from home during this pandemic, but hopefully this next year my average will rise a bit with longer commutes. Winter mileage always crappy here in Chicago area since always warming the car up before hand and running heat a lot. This past week is real nice and per the display I'm getting 30.2 MPG on this latest tank.

Anyway:
2017 CR-V EX-L AWD: 27.09 MPG (over 33K miles)
2020 CR-V EX-L AWD: 25.70 MPG (over 5K miles)
I also compute every tank full, and also find the car's display to be roughly 1 (US) mpg optimistic.

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts
This looks excellent, but...How does this translate to US MPG? Rough guess...39 US MPG? Thii is excellent, TDK!
The best of it?

Its not even a Hybrid 😎

·
Registered
20 Posts
I only drove about 20 miles on my brand new 1.5t, and getting 4mpg lol but I'll give it another 500-1000 miles and hopefully can get better MPG
I used to get 30mpg in my Rogue Sport on the same route

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
820 Posts
I only drove about 20 miles on my brand new 1.5t, and getting 4mpg lol but I'll give it another 500-1000 miles and hopefully can get better MPG
I used to get 30mpg in my Rogue Sport on the same route
IME, the 1.5L gets horrible MPGs when its cold or driven very short distances. It's happiest when it's fully warmed up and driven at consistent, normal road and highway speeds.

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts
IME, the 1.5L gets horrible MPGs when its cold or driven very short distances. It's happiest when it's fully warmed up and driven at consistent, normal road and highway speeds.
Diesel is no better. And thats more expensive a fuel too.

When my daily mileage dropped, the diesel CR-V had to go....

Reactions: SnakeCharmer
101 - 120 of 160 Posts