Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
5 Gen: EX 1.5T
112 Posts
I only drove about 20 miles on my brand new 1.5t, and getting 4mpg lol but I'll give it another 500-1000 miles and hopefully can get better MPG
I used to get 30mpg in my Rogue Sport on the same route
FOUR! That’s totally shocking!!

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts
Most engines need to have a degree of "run in" mileage, thus MPG, which like some wines, improves with age...

Reactions: agentl074 and Crv21

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
820 Posts
Diesel is no better. And thats more expensive a fuel too.

When my daily mileage dropped, the diesel CR-V had to go....
Here in Cali, gasoline has just pulled ahead of diesel as the most expensive fuel. :mad:

Our wonderful Governor keeps adding taxes to it. I recently went to AZ and gas was a full dollar cheaper per gallon and I'd bet my left pinkie that it's more than a doller per gallon cheaper now. :mad:

I might be a Tesla owner in the future at this rate.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,741 Posts
Here in Cali, gasoline has just pulled ahead of diesel as the most expensive fuel. :mad:

Our wonderful Governor keeps adding taxes to it. I recently went to AZ and gas was a full dollar cheaper per gallon and I'd bet my left pinkie that it's more than a doller per gallon cheaper now. :mad:

I might be a Tesla owner in the future at this rate.
Paid $2.89 for unleaded at Costco yesterday in Tucson, AZ

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,741 Posts
I only drove about 20 miles on my brand new 1.5t, and getting 4mpg lol but I'll give it another 500-1000 miles and hopefully can get better MPG
I used to get 30mpg in my Rogue Sport on the same route
Be sure you have reset the MPG indicator when you are checking. This (4 mpg) could have been carry over from before you bought the CR-V. There is something fishy here.

Reactions: lmaxim

·
Registered
38 Posts
If I shop around, I can find 87 octane for $3.89/gallon (top tier) here but it's mostly $3.99/gallon and rising.
Huh? Are you in NY or CA? I'm in PA with one of the highest state gas tax in the country and I get gas for $2.77 per gallon at my local BJ's with 10 cent discount. I see $4 per gallon here by summer and $4.50 by labor day. Good times are here again

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts
Be grateful you guys do not pay with Sterling......

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
5,084 Posts
Paid $2.89 for unleaded at Costco yesterday in Tucson, AZ
Californians pay much more per gallon (on average about a dollar more) ... mainly because California fuel blends are unique and for the most part only sourced from refineries within the state (from crude pipelined in from elsewhere.

Good for the states air quality, but held captive to the oil companies holding us hostage via local refining-2-gas only.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
5,084 Posts
Huh? Are you in NY or CA? I'm in PA with one of the highest state gas tax in the country and I get gas for $2.77 per gallon at my local BJ's with 10 cent discount. I see $4 per gallon here by summer and $4.50 by labor day. Good times are here again
It's not the taxes on fuel that get us in California, it is that the state requires specific fuel blends that the oil companies are more than willing to refine only in California and charge premium pricing accordingly.

And I think the state does not come down hard on the oil companies over this ... because overall policy of the state is to drive down the use of gasoline as a vehicle fuel.. and they do this with a range of requirements... including California specific clean fuel blends.. and hammering the oil companies to drive prices down will just result in more gas consumption in the state.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's great--I'm looking forward to that. My 2020 AWD is only getting 22.5-23 with mostly around town driving but still only has 900 miles on it. Hoping for an improvement on that.
My AWD 2020 is now getting 32+ around town... 5000 miles now on it. Started out 28+ when bought it in Nov. Getting better with break-in... I would have Honda check out engine computer mapping to see if any updates...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
I just bought a 2021 AWD EX-L model and have run just 60 miles with several short trips. But, I always see ~15 mpg and start to wonder that this is too low even if I ran short trips. If I continue to see this poor mileage, what can I do? I drive like grandma. My 2003 Accord has ~24 mpg. Thanks.

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts
Threads merged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up a 2018 LX CRV. Was a lease. Had mileage less than average and is in great shape. However the mileage I’m getting on highway is only 25.5 miles a gallon. I was getting over 30 with my 2014!!! Is this normal. It’s four years later and less mileage???

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts
Just picked up a 2018 LX CRV. Was a lease. Had mileage less than average and is in great shape. However the mileage I’m getting on highway is only 25.5 miles a gallon. I was getting over 30 with my 2014!!! Is this normal. It’s four years later and less mileage???
Suggest you read this entire thread - way to many variables/factors affect fuel burn.

You dont mention the mileage on your car? Is it the 2.4 or 1.5T engine?

Details needed if you seek better advice 👍

Reactions: Carbuff2
121 - 140 of 160 Posts