Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CRV
760 Posts
Is the internal combustion engine on all the time?
Think maybe the maintenance minder has taken the down time into account??
Dealership wants you to change the oil so they get the business
Then while changing oil they will try to up sell you on other things
like power steering fluid change or brakes or whatever

If you are worried about the warranty then talk with the dealership
Remind them it is a HYBRID. And the ICE does not turn on all the time.
Then see what they say. Ask about warranty issues.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
The more highways miles you do, the longer the interval between oil changes. Non hybrids (me) if doing pure highway can probably cover 10k. I'm at 60% after just under 5000. as @TheDarkKnight says completely normal. I'd sure like to see a dealer change or charge for replacing the Power Steering fluid as @Avisitor says with electric power steering....

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,524 Posts
I haven't managed to get 5000 miles on my hybrid yet, dang Covid restrictions.
But I plan to go by the MM fully. They put a lot of effort into it, I'll trust it, as I do the rest of the car.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Merged several threads surrounding Hybrid oil changes/intervals. 👍

Reactions: Carbuff2

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
I haven't managed to get 5000 miles on my hybrid yet, dang Covid restrictions.
But I plan to go by the MM fully. They put a lot of effort into it, I'll trust it, as I do the rest of the car.
Exactly. Honda has mechanical and fluid engineers plus tons of supplier access. That's far more knowledge than any dealer service droid who has revenue targets to meet.

Reactions: Sweats and sjw91

·
Premium Member
CRV-Hybrid EX (actually, my ex is a Prius)
309 Posts
I got my car with 8000 miles on it. I am now at 15000 with 40% oil life left. Is this a broken Maintenance Minder or normal for the hybrid? I never owned a hybrid before. I live in Michigan and the dealer is saying every 5,000 miles.
What was the Maintenance Minder saying when you just got the car? If we assume that it had just been serviced @ 8,000 mi, you have used 60% of the oil life in 7,000 miles. That would translate into a little less than 12,000 miles between oil changes. That doesn't come across as abnormal.

I think your dealer is saying every 5,000 miles because he really wants to make sure the plasma collimator on your vector phase transmitter gets a new air filter in time :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
What was the Maintenance Minder saying when you just got the car? If we assume that it had just been serviced @ 8,000 mi, you have used 60% of the oil life in 7,000 miles. That would translate into a little less than 12,000 miles between oil changes. That doesn't come across as abnormal.

I think your dealer is saying every 5,000 miles because he really wants to make sure the plasma
collimator on your vector phase transmitter gets a new air filter in time :)
Yeah, that what I am thinking. At purchase, 100%

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX-L
18 Posts
I got my car with 8000 miles on it. I am now at 15000 with 40% oil life left. Is this a broken Maintenance Minder or normal for the hybrid? I never owned a hybrid before. I live in Michigan and the dealer is saying every 5,000 miles.
What letter(A or B) is the maintenance minder showing? My guess is your CRV already had the first oil change done. The Maintenance Minder should alert you before 10,000 miles or 1 year whichever comes first. First year should be calculated from manufacturer date instead of purchase date if you're due by time.

CRV MM - Max 10,000 miles or 1 year

To eliminate unnecessary service stops while ensuring that the vehicle is properly maintained, the CR-V has a Maintenance Minder™ system that continually monitors the vehicle's operating condition. When maintenance is required, the driver is alerted via a message on the Multi-Information Display (MID) on the LX trim or Driver Information Interface (DII) on all other trims. (See the Interior section for more information.)

The Maintenance Minder™ system monitors operating conditions such as oil and coolant temperature along with engine speed to determine the proper service intervals. Depending on operating conditions, oil change intervals can be extended to a maximum of 10,000 miles, potentially sparing the owner considerable expense and inconvenience over the life of the vehicle. The owner-resettable system monitors all normal service parts and systems, including oil and filter, tire rotation, air-cleaner, transmission fluid, spark plugs, coolant, brake pads and more. To reduce the potential for driver distraction, maintenance alerts are presented only when the ignition is first turned on, not while driving.

Accord MM - Max 10,000 miles or 1 year
Insight MM - Max 12,000 miles or 1 year
Clarity PHEV MM - Max 12,000 miles or 1 year
- from Honda press kits

My uncle's 2020 CRV Hybrid is at 8550 miles(6 months) with 30% oil life left. For my 2019 Insight, I find the maintenance minder accurate and matches Honda's guidelines for maintenance items in the owner's manual.

Reactions: wagnew0923
41 - 51 of 51 Posts