Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2008 with black interior, the mesh on top of dash starting to come loose right at the center hump. I was thinking of using black silicone adhesive to re-glue. Anybody have a better suggestion?

·
Banned
806 Posts
I guess I'm not envisioning what your issue is. Can you post up a picture, if you haven't addressed the issue? I don't own a 2008, but of the cars I do own or have owned in the past, I don't recall ever having "mesh" on the dash board.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not really a mesh but a rough mesh like texture, it's on each side, top of dash and meets at the smooth hump in middle of dash. Looks like the passenger air bag had been deployed and not properly resealed.
Ended up using Gorilla super glue to re seal it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's not really a mesh but a rough mesh like texture, it's on each side, top of dash and meets at the smooth hump in middle of dash. Looks like the passenger air bag had been deployed and not properly resealed.
Ended up using Gorilla super glue to re seal it.
Uh.....if it is the airbag cover you're talking about, gluing it down is a (what's the nice way of saying this?) questionable thing to do. I would take it in to the dealership ASAP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Were you recently at your Honda dealer for the air bag recall? They may have popped the air bag cover off to replace the inflator.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't glue down the airbag, just the trim covering the unit. It was only about a 1 inch bubble where the cover was coming loose. I just bought it recently so don't know if airbags have been replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts