Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put these on my '17 EX last week. I noticed they are much quieter than the factory Hankooks which lasted 38000 miles. Purchased at Costco for $840 out the door. We don't get snow or ice here in San Diego, but I'm curious to see how they do in the rain.
I will update this post as the tires wear. I hope they remain quiet!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
They are very good tires. I've been putting Michelin Defenders on my CRVs for almost 20 years now, and have always been happy with them.

I'm surprised you acheived 38,000 on the Hankooks. So many people complaining about only getting about 20,000 on their factory tires. Which proves that proper maintenance, driving habits, and road conditions are a major element in tread wear. :)

One question.. is your CRV AWD or FWD?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are very good tires. I've been putting Michelin Defenders on my CRVs for almost 20 years now, and have always been happy with them.

I'm surprised you acheived 38,000 on the Hankooks. So many people complaining about only getting about 20,000 on their factory tires. Which proves that proper maintenance, driving habits, and road conditions are a major element in tread wear. :)

One question.. is your CRV AWD or FWD?
Thanks for the reply and info. The car is used for commuting on strait roads and we kept up with rotation and tire pressure. The tires were almost down to the wear bars. Over all I was satisfied with the Hankooks, but I am glad that I upgraded to Michelins.
It is FWD

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Thanks for the reply and info. The car is used for commuting on strait roads and we kept up with rotation and tire pressure. The tires were almost down to the wear bars. Over all I was satisfied with the Hankooks, but I am glad that I upgraded to Michelins.
It is FWD
Yeah.. I think FWD is going to bet better overall miles on tires... as the rear wheels are passive, rather then applying traction... so a FWD CRV will get roughly the same miles as say.. an Accord or a Civic. My wife has Hankooks on her Accord and they are actually really good tires and so far very little treadwear.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is my update and observation at the 5,000 mile mark: I remain satisfied with my choice. Quiet and confidant handling and ride. They seem to have good traction in the rain (no hydroplaning).
I don't have a wear indicator tool so I cannot say how much they have worn. Maybe Costco will measure them when I go for rotation and balancing this week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I decided on the General ALTIMAX RT43 -- 235 /55 R18 104V XL over the Michelin Defenders ... I hope I don't regret it yet their $50 cheaper per tire with great ratings.

I'm still shocked I got 60K+ miles out of my original Toyo performance tires on my 2016 CRV Touring FWD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts