Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Looking to get a set of 17" winter tires for my 2018 CR-V. I've decided on Michelin X-ice's but am having trouble deciding between the Xi2s and the Xi3s. From what I understand the 2's tread is a bit deeper and better for rural areas (e.g. deep snow), while the 3's are meant to mimic OEM all-seasons in city winter driving (e.g. less rolling resistance, less noise, longer lasting tread).

Does anyone have experience with either of these tires?

Thanks so much,
Jasen

·
Registered
133 Posts
To my knowledge you cant get the X ice 3s on our CRVs. They are more passenger car based tires. What size were you thinking of using? I think 235-65-17 is what we need and its only offered in X-ice 2.

I have X ice 3s on my other car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup they don't make Xi3's for the CRV. What we use are actually the "Lattitude X-ice" tires which is a completely different series. Confusing and stupid. And yes they are the Lattitude X-ice Xi2's.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yup they don't make Xi3's for the CRV. What we use are actually the "Lattitude X-ice" tires which is a completely different series. Confusing and stupid. And yes they are the Lattitude X-ice Xi2's.
I just installed the Latitude X-ice XI2's on my 18 Pilot EX-L and find them to be a very good winter tire. I have owned a bunch of sets of winter tires over the past 30 years, and these are my favorite right off the bat because they are quiet and no noticeable degradation in handling or steering feel. They may not cut through the ice and snow as well as the Bridgestone Blizzaks, but I will get 30,000 miles before needing to replace them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts