Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am Danny from Europe . First of all I apologize for my English ...it's not the best .

My biggest question since I found out about the oil dilution is how many miles/km the car can be driven without big /small engine failures. I have it too on my 2018 CR-V when reading the dipstick but without any DTC's(trouble codes) .

Since this oil dilution is an old topic now , I think there are cars that could have this issue and still have many miles /kilometers .

I have now 11.000 km and no DTC, but changed the oil under warranty once before my first official maintenance at the Honda dealer . . I have an friend who has 30.000km and had several DTC's regarding the oil and he is not too happy..

Are there cars(CR-V gen 5) with more than 60.000km or miles(or even more) with the oil dilution and still being on the streets?

Thank you
Danny

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hello everyone. I am Danny from Europe . First of all I apologize for my English ...it's not the best .

My biggest question since I found out about the oil dilution is how many miles/km the car can be driven without big /small engine failures. I have it too on my 2018 CR-V when reading the dipstick but without any DTC's(trouble codes) .

Since this oil dilution is an old topic now , I think there are cars that could have this issue and still have many miles /kilometers .

I have now 11.000 km and no DTC, but changed the oil under warranty once before my first official maintenance at the Honda dealer . . I have an friend who has 30.000km and had several DTC's regarding the oil and he is not too happy..

Are there cars(CR-V gen 5) with more than 60.000km or miles(or even more) with the oil dilution and still being on the streets?

Thank you
Danny

Probably going to get this thread locked because we already have a giant Fuel Dilution thread.

But to answer your question, this vehicle is 3 years old. There are tens if not hundreds of thousands of CRVs with 60,000km or more on them. With very very few reports of failures.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,017 Posts
and yet you see them all on teh road riding,going down the road without an issue from the LOOKS. that says it ALL.

Reactions: Danny79

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,776 Posts
Closing thread. See master thread in stickies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.