Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone please tell me the minimum brake rotor thickness on a 2011 Honda CR-V. I am Changing all the pads and want to make sure rotors are still thick enough before I have them turned.
How many times can the rotors be resurfaced?
Thanks Paul

·
Everything in Moderation
8,196 Posts
Often the minimum thickness is cast into the hub of the rotor....:eek:

Rotors can be turned until they no longer meet the minimum.

+++++++++++++

These days, it's often easier to replace the rotors, they are not too expensive. I used to turn rotors every brake job, no longer. If I don't have any vibration under braking before the brake job, I let them be. Our '06 had 130K miles before I replaced rotors (due to the rusty 'edge' from road salt). Our Fit is still on the OE rotors at 150K miles.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Yeap, dont turn them. Nothing but problems and even cheap rotors are better than turned rotors by far.

Turning them used to be the thing to do, but that was 15 years ago and most places stopped doing it because they cause nothing but complaints for noise, pulsating and wobbling.

Basic rotors also cost about the same as having the turned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I think when Honda service turns the rotors, they actually do them right on the vehicle.

When mine need replacing, I may actually get some upgraded rotors (drilled/slotted). I think when I replaced the rotors on my '97, I bought a complete kit with rotors and pads from Rock Auto (it may have been the Power Stop brand). I was wary given the price, but they proved to be quite good for the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts