Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a friend's house (about 30 minutes from my house) last night until 1:48am CDT, just before the switch back to CST. I know it was 1:48am when I started the car, because the time at the upper right of the center-console head-end unit stayed at 1:48 the entire way home. The time at the bottom right of the driver's display stayed current as normal, at went from 1:59 to 1:00 as expected, but the head-end time never changed (even though the : between the numbers was still blinking). After I got home, I turned the car off, then hit the start button again to turn on the radio - the clock was now correct.

Probably some weird DST-change related bug, just thought it was funny enough to share.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
do you have the wireless connection in CRV set up to your router at home?
How would that effect the issue? The radio gets time from the GPS antenna, not WiFi. (Every EX and up CR-V has the antenna, even if does not have navi; it's an input for AA and CarPlay, so your phone doesn't have to run its antenna.)

It's just a weird bug; agreed that somebody forgot to test DST switchover...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Every EX and up CR-V has the antenna, even if does not have navi; it's an input for AA and CarPlay, so your phone doesn't have to run its antenna.
Can you elaborate on this? I have always thought when using AA in our CR-V that the Waze-reported speed fluctuated more than when I use my phone and Waze in my Camaro.

I attributed it to my phone lying in the center console in the CR-V, perhaps with poor line of sight to the satellites. In my Camaro, my phone is in a dash mount, up high, near the windshield, presumably with better line of sight to the satellites.

But you're saying that the device somehow ties into the vehicle GPS antenna?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Yes, it does, although the CR-V does not retain the GPS "ephemera", so it will take several minutes to get a fix after you start the car. (The tiny satellite in the status bar on the infotainment home screen will stop blinking.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.