Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the CR-V 2015 has the Mirror Link feature that will allow an Android phone to be linked to the car's dashboard display, so that features on the phone, such as Google maps, can be shown and activated on the car's display?

Google maps are much more accurate than any GPS package that I can buy from Honda(not to mention that it's free with my phone).

I have been using Google maps on my Samsung Note 4 android phone in my old vehicle, and I just attach the phone to the dashboard via a phone holder, but I am told that newer cars have the Mirror Link App that will mirror whatever is on my phone onto the dashboard display. I know some cars have allowed things like dialing and answering audio from the dashboard's display, after the phone pairs up via BlueTooth with the dashboard's display, but I need the video link so I can use Google maps from the phone.

Would appreciate any details if anyone has this feature on vehicles other than CR-V as well.

Since this is my first post, the forum does not allow me to link any url, but the Mirror Link app is described at www dot mirrolink dot com.

Thanks! Jd

·
Registered
197 Posts
Does anyone know if the CR-V 2015 has the Mirror Link feature that will allow an Android phone to be linked to the car's dashboard display,
Yes, it does.

so that features on the phone, such as Google maps, can be shown and activated on the car's display?
Nope. Your choices are limited to MirrorLink Apps only and Google Maps ain't one of them (Google is after making the world turn to Android Auto). Sygic is a popular MirrorLink navigation app (just make sure you get the Sygic Car Navigation and not the GPS Navigation & Maps Sygic that the MirrorLink page links to).

Google maps are much more accurate than any GPS package that I can buy from Honda(not to mention that it's free with my phone).
You'll want to read this thread - best bet for Google Maps is a Chromecast + a workaround to get the HDMI input working whilst not in park, but that's not quite as much as you're hoping for no doubt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts