Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new crv, Elegance + with Navi.
I know how to prepare the phone to do a mirrorlink.
But what's next. I connect the phone to USB, it says it's connect to Honda through mirrorlink. Now I guess I have to do something on the Honda screen to get the apps, but what?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is this your first time connecting to this vehicle?
In most cases, you have to be in your auxiliary screen setting/media setting on the car, if that's not where you are when you're plugged into your USB and App Connect....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First time, new car, 2016 model.
Won't have time to experiment next two days.
I entered the settings menu (sleep/menu/power) and found something about screen mirroring, shower the phone connected or sthg...
Which mnenju do you mean, home screen or some other?

·
Registered
43 Posts
On the left side of your steering wheel, you should have the capacity to either switch to your radio as a source , or media, aux, etc...
I'm familiar with app connect but not as much with CRVs, but generally you need to change the "source" in your car, first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had some time to play around.

1. When I connect the phone (s7e) through USB it automatically goes to blank screen with 'your phone and car are connected through mirrorlink'. I can't use phone, not really sure I could disconnect this feature.

2. Additional screen appears on car screen, says connecting the smartphone and after short while 'your smart phone is not supported'. Not sure this really has anything to do with mirrorlink.

3. When I go to menu in diagnostics it recognizes the mirrorlink connection and the phone.

4. No idea how to activate the link/screen on Honda's screen.
There's no source for that (only have fm/mw/lw, Dab, usb, iPod, hdmi...)

Any ideas?

Are left and right usb port of equal value /use?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had some time to play around.

1. When I connect the phone (s7e) through USB it automatically goes to blank screen with 'your phone and car are connected through mirrorlink'. I can't use phone, not really sure I could disconnect this feature.

2. Additional screen appears on car screen, says connecting the smartphone and after short while 'your smart phone is not supported'. Not sure this really has anything to do with mirrorlink.

3. When I go to menu in diagnostics it recognizes the mirrorlink connection and the phone.

4. No idea how to activate the link/screen on Honda's screen.
There's no source for that (only have fm/mw/lw, Dab, usb, iPod, hdmi...)

Any ideas?

Are left and right usb port of equal value /use?

Not all smartphones support MirrorLink...that may be the issue right there.
Take some time and go to MirrorLink's website and find out if your phone is supported.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not all smartphones support MirrorLink...that may be the issue right there.
Take some time and go to MirrorLink's website and find out if your phone is supported.
It should, it's galaxy s7, has the option, is activated...

·
Registered
43 Posts
It should, it's galaxy s7, has the option, is activated...

well Ok...
What I'd do then, is go back to the dealership and see if your salesperson and/or service adviser can check to see if it's the car/software that's not responding.
It's better than pulling your hair out on a forum and trying to guess which is the issue, that is, your understanding of the system, or the car itself.

Just my .02

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do you have any MirrorLink compatible apps installed on your phone? There are about 30-40 or so of them and they pretty much all suck.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do.
I'm not looking into this due to those apps, I wanted to get all of them through an app like CarLink or some other way.
Looking around the Internet, there are two issues some guys report. Mirrorlink compatibility and may e there might be a different infotainment for European versions.
Many many ppl haven't been able to connect their phones, one guy went into detail how he downgraded some old phone to 4.3 Android to make it work.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mine connects and i can run the apps, but they suck so I don't bother. I was able to make a full mirroring hack work but it was buggy and more trouble than it's worth.

Now i just run Android auto on my phone and call it good enough.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts