Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy peeps. Our beloved CR-V has, I think, three issues in one-possibly. When we first got the vehicle, the indicators didn't flash when the doors were locked or unlocked using the key fob.Not too much of an issue as the central locking worked fine. After a while we noticed that the interior lights came on when unlocked, as per, but when any door was opened, they went out!! Annoying. Recently, the doors lock themselves randomly, before we've had a chance to get in! Inconvenient.
Had a look at the wiring diagram and came to the conclusion that the Security Control Unit (three wires,apparently) may be faulty.
Trouble is, I don't know what it looks like or where it is located!! Wondered if anyone else has encountered these issues or knows where the SCU might be? Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.
Kind regards,
Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
1. The indicators (parking lights) do NOT flash when locking/unlocking the vehicle.
2. Check your dome light to make sure it's switch to On when the doors are open. Could be why the interior lights are turning off after you open a door.
3. After unlocking the vehicle with the fob, they will lock again if a door is not opened within a given amount of time. (I believe mine is around 20 seconds give or take)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Under left side of dash, connector number 437 on this diagram.
Hi-ya, Thank you for your reply. Sorry for delay. Will investigate. Ours is Euro spec Left Hand drive but i,m sure this is gonna help. Ill let you know how I get on.
Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. The indicators (parking lights) do NOT flash when locking/unlocking the vehicle.
2. Check your dome light to make sure it's switch to On when the doors are open. Could be why the interior lights are turning off after you open a door.
3. After unlocking the vehicle with the fob, they will lock again if a door is not opened within a given amount of time. (I believe mine is around 20 seconds give or take)
Thank you ever so much for your advice. V helpful.
Kind regards,
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts