Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically the spare wheel on my MK1 got nudged and it pushed back at an angle into the tailgate causing a dent. I was going to pull off the plastic interior trim and push the dent out from the other side but I can't figure how to remove it? I've pulled back some small clips that are hidden under the top rubber strip and undone two screws that are hidden in the compartment, but that's as far as I got.

tl;dr: How do I remove the entire interior plastic trim on the tailgate?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So basically the spare wheel on my MK1 got nudged and it pushed back at an angle into the tailgate causing a dent. I was going to pull off the plastic interior trim and push the dent out from the other side but I can't figure how to remove it? I've pulled back some small clips that are hidden under the top rubber strip and undone two screws that are hidden in the compartment, but that's as far as I got.

tl;dr: How do I remove the entire interior plastic trim on the tailgate?

UPDATE: Gave in and went to a bodyshop. The guy popped off the luggage hook where two hidden screws needed removing. I already knew about two screws in the tailgate compartment (I assume it's for a fire extinguisher? Mine came w/o). Then rather undignified he ripped the whole panel off which came off without breaking. (To my surprise!)

After beating the hell out of it with a mallet and hammers the dent is better but not gone because of the sheer strength of the metal. I'll have another go at it soon. But I've had to salvage a new spare wheel mount as mine is twisted.

Answered my own question! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts