Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I have searched but can't find instructions for what I want to do.

I snapped the blue RH (drivers side in UK) wing mirror off of the work MK2 Honda. I have a replacement from my old car but it is grey. As the blue shell is not damaged I'd like to swap them over, but I can't find instructions for dismantling the mirror unit and changing the shells over. Can anyone provide any tips or instructions?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have concluded that it is not possible to change the mirror shell without destroying the bracket and hinge. The hinge sits in a "cup" in the bracket and is held in place with the three torx screws in the bottom. Problem is (on both the broken mirror and the replacement) that the hinge has also been glued into this cup and there is nowhere that you can get suitable purchase to pry the two apart.

Mission failed :(

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
My driver side mirror got broken on a grocery store run, so I ordered the shell for my '07. Not sure if it is the same on yours, but on mine the way the hinge works there is no way it could be glued - the hinge would not work if it was glued. I would suggest that possibly paint is the culprit rather than glue. Also, for my '07, both parts are available if needed, the bracket and the shell. Still you could try soaking the hinge in a solvent to loosen it. Something that doesn't hurt the paint. Maybe alcohol or acetone or ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts