Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2016 Touring and need help with a phone holder. I have a couple suction cup types but there doesn’t seem to be a decent flat surface. The AC types almost completely block the vent, summer is almost here. My wife and I both use the cup holders.
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanx

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L
165 Posts
This is one that works well for me. I put it in the left hand vent (next to radio) in the lower right. It blocks the vent a bit, but not too much.

It has a 'base' that butts up against more than one vent blade, which helps it to have minimal vibration. I'm happy with it, but still considering an after market head unit. Really wish Honda would have made these head units Android Auto capable. Having AA or just google maps on your phone is sooooooo much easier to use than the proprietary systems mfg's have put together.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
I use the ProClip mount bracket. For my '07 it specifically provides that flat surface! Works great, puts it in an excellent location. Also - well-made, metal. Mount is separate, so you can use their mount for your phone or your choice.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Wow! I'm sorry. You're right, mrtn. That's terrible. Here's What mine looks like for my '07 (resulting phone location is perfect!):

However, I have a shop, so if I had a Gen 4, I would get that bracket, then modify it with my angle grinder. I'd remove the horizontal cross bracket, then cut a clearance slot on the right vertical side of the base piece so that it clears the A/C vent. Repaint, and install, drilling holes as needed for the phone mount.

Or, possibly even better, remove the horizontal piece, turn it up to the vertical, and reattach it so that it sticks up above the top of the base piece, and locate the phone mount up there instead. Then still cut the clearance on the right side of the base piece to clear the vent. It wouldn't be pretty, but it would be functional.

Still wouldn't be as good a fit as my Gen 3 one, but better than anything else I've seen out there. I will say though, it's a shame that's the best they could do.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,554 Posts
Proclip is hit and miss on their mounting brackets. The options for the gen5 CRV suck as they block the air vents. Yet they offer a really great left hand mount for the new Accords that uses the front left drivers pillar Left Dash Mount I have no idea why they don't offer the same for the CRV.

I personally do not use my phone when I drive, but my wife uses hers a lot in her Accord. I went with an adhesive mount magnetic plate holder on the left side of her dash (where she prefers her phone be). A lot of mixed reviews on the adhesive mounts though.. because of dash surface variations and if you do not clean the dash surface properly and do not apply the adhesive mount properly, they tend to fall off in the heat. But my wifes has never had an issue in over two years of driving. This is the one I went with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077QYZFSC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I specifically chose this one because unlike most of them that use a small round adhesive pad, this one uses a more rectangular one with better and more total adhesive surface.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts