Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just recently purchased a 2010 Honda CRV and so far I love it! There doesn't seem to be very many issues at all! There is one thing that I can't seem to get to work and I was wondering if anyone has incountered this or can help me figure out what is going on.

When I have the AC/Heating on even when it is NOT on "auto" the "mode" button does not do anything. It will not allow me to switch between any modes. The only thing that changes the the mode is when the AC is set to the coldest it will blow out the front vents but then when you get to about half way to the heat it changes to blow on the feet. I looked in the owners manual and it shows that there should be a icon that appears next to the fan speed indicating what the mode is set on but nothing is there.

I've tried multiple ways to get the mode to come on. I have tried it with the "auto" on and off and when the entire AC/heating unit is off and I can't seem to get it to work. I was thinking maybe there was a way to reset the unit or maybe there is something that I am doing wrong?

Please let me know if you know how I can try to fix this issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Does this help?

Hi, Please let me know if you know how I can try to fix this issue. Thanks
Need model as LX and EX are different than EXL.

If it's EXL Mode buttons work only when it is NOT in Auto. Try turning it OFF with the OFF BUTTON, then press the UP (right) end of the FAN CONTROL BAR to turn it on in Manual. You should get bars of increasing height in the center of the temperature display with each press of the fan control bar.

If there are no bars for fan speed display the MODE BUTTON WILL NOT WORK. It should work though if any of the speed control bars are displayed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts