Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it had to happen, I guess. The wife drives our 2017 Molten Lava EX - L w/Nav CRV and managed to back up swiping the side of a concrete support in a parking garage. :(

Anyway, she took it to a body shop in town we used several years ago, and they were nice enough to buff out most of the white paint that came off the concrete for free. But there's still a little (yes, little) nick where the OEM paint actually came off. Probably the size of a couple of pin heads or three. So, that needs to be repaired. There's no dent or indentation that I can see. Just a tiny spot where the paint came off.

The body shop guy said we might as well just get a touch up pen from Honda and do the DIY thing, vs. paying them to do the same.

Do these pens come with clear coat, too? Or does that need to be purchased separately and applied as a top coat? Anyone have experience using these pens and best practices for getting it to look seamless?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yes, they come with clearcoat.

As far as tips go? Use a toothpick to apply the paint, not the built in brush. Make sure the surface is clean. Only use enough pigmented paint to cover the defect; fill in the rest with clearcoat.

Also, it dries quite quickly; more like nail polish than paint.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I would suggest going o YOU TUBE and search for car scratch repairs....many good suggestions and videos on how to DIY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts