Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone end up getting a 17 in Molten Lava? Do you have any pics or comments if you did? My wife likes the color, but are having issues finding one close by to look up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This looked great on the reviews of the car, as several were in Molten Lava. Yet our dealer had none on his lot.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, it look pretty on the net, color brochure and computer but in person it look too orange for me so I go for the white on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Our dealer had a Molten lava and Diamond white. My wife and I really liked the ML but settled on the DW as it will age better.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought a ML EX. I love it! Being winter the days are pretty grey so without direct sunlight it looks like a darker slightly orangey red. On the second day I owned it we had a burst of sunlight hit and the orange really came out! I had several people that were walking by staring at it and talking about how beautiful it was. I just smiled. Granted, if a funky orange color in bright sun is not for you, you will not like this color. I love COLOR, bland overly typical colors bore me, dime a dozen every where you go. This is a unique color that is subdued in dark weather and sparkles beautifully in the light. I have only seen in shine that one day,I can't wait for spring! They are hard to get, Honda seems to always have that one color that is a struggle to find. My first dealer said there were no ML's in EX anywhere in the surrounding states (i live in NY) for at least 2 months, second dealer realized the sale would hinge on whoever got me that color first, they had it for me in 5 days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We bought a Molten Lava Touring. It looked nice in the brief time we had it home, the second day we had it - the Brake System light came on. The dash said Advanced Cruise Problem, Lane Keep Assist Problem, Collision Mitigation Problem. It's now in the shop waiting for service with under 200 miles - pretty disappointing...
Hope it's something simple..

·
Registered
730 Posts
My wife and I would have seriously considered a Molten Lava if there was an option for black interior, it's a beautiful color. Not boring at all!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife and I would have seriously considered a Molten Lava if there was an option for black interior, it's a beautiful color. Not boring at all!
I really don't understand Honda and their lack of interior color choices. I don't know why the Gun Metal, and Modern Steel only come with the gray interior. I would have probably bought one by now if they came in back.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We bought a Molten Lava Touring. It looked nice in the brief time we had it home, the second day we had it - the Brake System light came on. The dash said Advanced Cruise Problem, Lane Keep Assist Problem, Collision Mitigation Problem. It's now in the shop waiting for service with under 200 miles - pretty disappointing...
That is a bummer. The color looks great though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wanted and bought a Molten Lava CR-V Touring and live in the Chicago area. I found about five of them in the area and as I got serious on working a deal a couple more popped up on dealers that don't list their inventory on the Internet. So, at least for this area they were not scarce at all.
I, too, like color on my cars and I find the ML to be a nice, fairly bright color, but not one that I will tire of and burn out on quickly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
At least the Molten Lava will stand out against all the greys, blacks and whites that most people go with! No, I don't foresee getting tired of this color over the years either! So glad I didn't purchase a '16 that I was considering before ours came out, I would have cried after seeing them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is a bummer. The color looks great though.
Got our car back today - tech blamed it on a miscalibrated camera. Why a camera would set off the Brake System Warning light & disable the Cruise Control makes no sense to me. But I'm sure Honda has a reason...

·
Registered
219 Posts
The camera is integral to all of those systems. I believe that it assists the radar in locating obstacles for the ACC, it is the system tracking the lane lines for the LKAS, and as I mentioned, it works with the radar to detect obstacles for the CMBS. The vision system in these cars is fairly sophisticated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was torn between Molten Lava and Sandstorm. The deal breaker for me was the long term care to consider. On the parking lot in full sun, we could literally see a hair on the sue of the vehicle. It is a good red, the orange undertones in the sun really do resemble fire. I like that it wasn't maroon, or stop sign. If I wasn't planning on keeping it for a couple hundred thousand miles, I'd have brought home the Lava! Here's a pic, 20161230_134804.jpg in full shade...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't think the long term care is really an issue. I previously had an '07 that was basically the basque red (don't remember the actual name they called it back then, but same color) and the color looked exactly as it did the day I bought it. No sun fade or anything. My car was mostly garaged but not always. Maybe if it was exposed outside all the time maybe it would have some fading...maybe. I doubt the ML will be any different. Love how it looks in full sun! I never seem to have a camera ready to capture it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was lucky enough to have options between the Molten Lava, White, Lunar Silver, Black and Urban Grey (The darker one). My 2015 was the Urban Grey and I hated it. I'm not too much of a red car fan, but I did enjoy the Molten Lava color, but the more I looked at it, I just didn't consider buying it. But for people who like red, I think it's a great shade of red with a hint of orange.

I ended up getting the Lunar Silver even though I went in thinking I'd like Black more than anything, but the Lunar Silver just looked too good with all the black accents. Attaching a pic of the molten lava and my lunar silver.

molten_640.jpg
lunar silver_640.jpg

1 - 20 of 51 Posts