Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting here watching the rain for third straight day made me think upon my almost 3 mos of 2017 CR-V ownership.

- yes the damn gas tank is too small and low fuel comes on way too soon

- on the bright side I am showing avg of 29-30 mpg for combined driving

- upon filling up this morning my range was an all time high of 396 mi. Has anyone hit 400 yet? Maybe the break in (3200 mi. so far) is helping the mpg factor.

- the gas tank release lever is too far forward. I've gotten to where I get out of car first, then reach in and pull lever. More comfortable than standing on my head.

- anyone else have a problem with backup camera in rain being almost unusable? Yes, I know it's raining but, the other 3 vehicles I've had w/ backup have never been this bad. It's almost like it protrudes too far out from the hatch.

People ask me if I love my new car. I tell them not yet. I'm liking it more each day, but I'm not in love just yet. Maybe it's because it's so different from my Nissan Frontier trk I had. I've also owned a first and second gen CR-V. I really loved both of them. I still think the CR-V looks much better on paper than any of its competitors, I just wish I had waited a while (maybe 2018 version) to buy and give them time to get the bugs out. Anyway, as always remember, YMMV.:cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think any of the 3 specific issues you list will change in next year's model. We are happy with ours and the timing was right vs the VW TDI buyback so no regrets.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yep, watching all that rain myself. I will admit that when I first got my new CRV, I loved getting a new car with new technologies. My '07 was pretty bare bones, so it was a joy to move so far forward. I really, really like this car, but am aware that it is far from perfect--just as any other vehicles. Then again, I can't imagine "loving" a car as all designers seem to leave out a few special somethings.

I do have a serious concern about the backup cameras -- without it working properly, you've got pretty poor line of sight toward the rear end (with the higher hatch window) and toward the rear quarter panels. Previously, I have always relied on my side and rear view mirrors and I don't like to rely on the sensors with this vehicle, but haven't much choice.

·
Registered
653 Posts
no matter what someone will always be unhappy on the perfect vehicle.
Agree totally as it seems some folks aren't happy unless they're complaining but I don't think there is such a thing as a "perfect" vehicle. I do think the CRV is the best thing out there in it's class and I have no regrets. I'm happy with the comfort, performance and styling and I think it's an amazing vehicle.

I would have the same uneasiness over relying on ANY vehicle's monitoring systems. That screen warning you get every time you start up should not be taken for granted as it isn't going to be Honda's "fault" if it misses something -- it's all on the driver.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've sent a message to Honda and got a reply on the ipod skipping issue, their tech team is on it apparently and will get a call from back east by friday according to my message.

I do 10.9L per 100km on eco mode, going to try driving ECO mode disabled as it looks like it's not helping, i get about 500km to a tank. I would like to get my milage on combined to 9.9

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sitting here watching the rain for third straight day made me think upon my almost 3 mos of 2017 CR-V ownership.

- yes the damn gas tank is too small and low fuel comes on way too soon

- on the bright side I am showing avg of 29-30 mpg for combined driving

- upon filling up this morning my range was an all time high of 396 mi. Has anyone hit 400 yet? Maybe the break in (3200 mi. so far) is helping the mpg factor.

- the gas tank release lever is too far forward. I've gotten to where I get out of car first, then reach in and pull lever. More comfortable than standing on my head.

- anyone else have a problem with backup camera in rain being almost unusable? Yes, I know it's raining but, the other 3 vehicles I've had w/ backup have never been this bad. It's almost like it protrudes too far out from the hatch.

People ask me if I love my new car. I tell them not yet. I'm liking it more each day, but I'm not in love just yet. Maybe it's because it's so different from my Nissan Frontier trk I had. I've also owned a first and second gen CR-V. I really loved both of them. I still think the CR-V looks much better on paper than any of its competitors, I just wish I had waited a while (maybe 2018 version) to buy and give them time to get the bugs out. Anyway, as always remember, YMMV.:cool:
Can't help with your other issues but Rain-X on the camera may improve vision in the rain.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I agree. Im not saying the CRV is perfect but I am saying if there was such a thing as a 'perfect' car, someone will still think there needs to be changes, thats all

Agree totally as it seems some folks aren't happy unless they're complaining but I don't think there is such a thing as a "perfect" vehicle. I do think the CRV is the best thing out there in it's class and I have no regrets. I'm happy with the comfort, performance and styling and I think it's an amazing vehicle.

I would have the same uneasiness over relying on ANY vehicle's monitoring systems. That screen warning you get every time you start up should not be taken for granted as it isn't going to be Honda's "fault" if it misses something -- it's all on the driver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts