Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CRV EX
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone installed OE Spectrum strut on their car? I tried to install my today and ran into a snag. I could not get the stud to go pass the mounting plate to where I can put on the center nut. It turned out the one I got was shorter than the original oem by about 1". I could probably compress the spring more to get it on, but that might change the ride height and probably the ride feel. I had reinstalled the oem back on. I didn't even bother with the right and the two rear ones. This was purchased from Rock Auto. Now I have to hassle with the return to them. I probably try the KYB bare struts next

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
You need to compress the spring more. Your worn strut likely is over-extended and not resting where it should. The ride height will be fine. I had Monroe QuickStruts on mine but switched to KYB ReadyStruts as they're better quality and being mounted already, it was a bolt-in job.

·
Registered
2007 CRV EX
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered the KYBs from Rock Auto and returned the Monroes. The new KYBs arrived today. The front are made in USA and the rear are made in Japan. I was hoping all 4s are made in Japan, but oh-well.

·
Registered
2007 CRV EX
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally got the front KYBs installed today. The ride is noticeably nicer. I replaced the boots, spring insulators and mounts. The old boots fell apart, not reusable. I had to change the mounts as the right side was bent out of shape (I remember hitting the curb pretty hard a while back) and I couldn't get back into the top holes. The two spring insulators are OEM and cost less than $10. I am hoping the rear will be as easy as the fronts. I'll tackle this weekend. I am still waiting for the spring insulators from Amazon to arrive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts