Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to purchase the moonroof visor, I like how it looks and it really does prevent wind from zipping into the car and roof liner. Things also get quieter inside the cabin.

However, upon installing it and going for a drive I noticed that the entire material is full of "specs" small marble like "air pockets" or "dust dents" if you will all over the plastic material. I have never seen such thing and I've had Honda moon visors in the past. I also have the door visors installed which are made of the same beautiful acrylic material but they're pristine.

These "marbles" you can't really feel to the touch, even if they look like you can. They're inside the plastic. But they're very unsightly, it looks like the visor has acne.

What's the deal with that?

I can't attach a photo because you'll never see the issue, this site compresses them too much. They're the size of acne. You don't need a lot of light to see them, just enough to get a reflection, sit on the drivers seat, open the moonroof, look up, and glide your eyes left to right and if it's not there then it's a unique issue with my copy.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I've had sunroof visors and hood deflectors on 10 different cars and have never seen what you are describing.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I went to the dealership to get it replaced and the three they had in stock, plus one installed on a car in the showroom all had this issue. But my door visors, which are made of the same material, don't have this problem (which is awesome because that's right next to your face and it's harder to ignore).

I did my best to take a good close up photo so that the dimples still show after it gets downsized:

image1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Return it to the dealership for a refund, and order one from College Hills Honda's website. I got my Genuine Honda visor from them for only $109 and it was perfectly clear.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Return it to the dealership for a refund, and order one from College Hills Honda's website. I got my Genuine Honda visor from them for only $109 and it was perfectly clear.
I do agree that their local warehouse might have a good batch. But these aren't counterfeit. Depending on when you bought it, the issue might already be spread nationwide by today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts