Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help from anyone who might have an answer for my problem. My wife's phone is a Moto X 2nd Gen running Marshmallow (version 6). We bought our 2018 Touring CRV about 3 months ago and connected her phone via Bluetooth at the dealership and it worked fine, placing and receiving calls using both the touchscreen on the head unit and the buttons on the steering wheel. I've also connected my Pixel 2, running Oreo, and it works just fine.
About 3 weeks ago whenever my wife receives a call and answers it using either the button on the wheel or head unit, the phone answers the call but there is no sound. She can't hear the caller and they can't hear her. She can hit the transfer button and save the call and pick up the handset to keep the call going, but that's the right solution when she's driving. We've verified that there have been no software updates to her phone and that her phone is set to Bluetooth rather than speaker or handset speaker when the call is answered. I've tried dropping the pairing and repairing and checking for software updates, etc., but no luck.
I've asked at the dealer and they made me feel like an idiot but offered no suggestion other than getting a new phone.
Can anyone tell me if the car somehow updates its' own software and could have made this phone no longer connect? I don't want to have to go get a new phone right now but it's looking like that may be my only choice right now.
Any suggestions will be welcome.
Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The car definitely does not update it's own software. Is your phone on the "approved list?" Honda seems to make a big deal about this, but, it would be the ONLY Bluetooth product that would care about this. I can have Bluetooth devices connected to a chinsy Bluetooth speaker for hours, but my phone(s) ALWAYS drop audio in my 2017 Touring. Honda has been extremely less than helpful on this, too. Good luck. Take to your dealer, and see if there is a software update for the car. If not, I'm not sure the recourse, as even Honda of America doesn't seem to care.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts