Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Honda CR-V Gen 5 FIRST for the third straight year.
1st Honda CR-v
2nd Mazda CX-5
3rd Subaru Forester
4th Toyota RAV4
5th Hyundai Tucon
6th Nissan Rogue
7th Jeep Cherokee
8th Chevrolet Eqinox

Motortrend say no one close to Honda CR-V.
We bought a 2017 Touring the first week they were available and 24K trouble free miles later very satisfied.
Thanks Honda!:applause:

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX-L FWD
356 Posts
We bought a 2017 Touring the first week they were available and 24K trouble free miles later very satisfied.
Congrats! 22 months and 14K miles here with no issues........:Mexican wave:

·
Registered
146 Posts
You guys keeping a close watch on your oil levels? Oil dilution is widespread on the newer CRVs.

Also check oil after oil change. Reports of dealers putting in 4 qts. instead of 3.7 with filter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Even I believe this post has no place on this thread. I smell a troll.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Do tell...

In case you didn't notice, there's a VERY active OD thread. Consider posting there rather than highjacking this thread. (And I agree with you regarding OD!)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You guys keeping a close watch on your oil levels? Oil dilution is widespread on the newer CRVs.

Also check oil after oil change. Reports of dealers putting in 4 qts. instead of 3.7 with filter.

Yes, *******, we all keep an eye on oil levels. And, believe it or not most CR-V owners have no problem. For the few that do I have written extensively on how they should use consumer protection laws to get relief. Now, go away.

Meanwhile: I have been driving, and loving, my 2017 Touring since January of 2017 (Dec. 2016 build date in Ohio). I have never been happier with any car I have owned. Didn't I see CR-V sales are up? Also, some posters were just drooling waiting for the new Rav4 to come out so they could dump their CR-V's. I note that they had the Rav as #4 on their list. My son and daughter-in-law just sprung for a new CR-V. They had been looking at the CR-V since last Fall bv being the open minded and fair guy I am I mentioned that since they were log time Toyota owners maybe they should wait until the new Rav4 was out before getting the Honda. They waited and when they looked at the Rav they ran to the Honda dealer and went home in a new CR-V EX. YMMV however.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hey Hans, always enjoyed your wealth of experience and knowledge about
cars.
I explained what happened in the post above yours, if it's not good enough for you then ***. In your typical ******* style you write a novel where a few lines would be plenty.

Seems like someone needs to crawl back under their rock...

·
Registered
434 Posts
I bought a 2018 CR-V because it like it best compared to the competition so not surprised by the results of a two week test by MT. However I find it ironic that while MT is declaring the CR-V "Compact SUV of the Year" another entity gives the CR-V its "Beware of the Clunker" Award. :confused2:
http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/CR-V/2017/

And BTW, MT declared the Jeep Wrangler the "SUV of the Year" which also seems ironic to me. I would not buy one.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Yes, Numb Nutz, we all keep an eye on oil levels. And, believe it or not most CR-V owners have no problem. For the few that do I have written extensively on how they should use consumer protection laws to get relief. Now, go away.
Hans at least he thanked you for calling him a numb nutz. :yllol:

Why is it that every post about an award that CR-V has won turns into an OD thread. Why don't the mods just delete these posts out of the thread instead of locking it?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
The Honda CR-V Gen 5 FIRST for the third straight year.
1st Honda CR-v
2nd Mazda CX-5
3rd Subaru Forester
4th Toyota RAV4
5th Hyundai Tucon
6th Nissan Rogue
7th Jeep Cherokee
8th Chevrolet Eqinox

Congratulations Honda, you have won just about every best compact SUV award out there with this new CR-V. I love mine and am looking forward to what they might do with the refresh in 2020.

Rob

·
Registered
243 Posts
This quote from MotorTrend sums it up nicely:

"Honda made sure it kept its crown jewel ahead of the field by paying attention to a wide range of details," Detroit editor Alisa Priddle said. "Others might excel in certain fields, but others don't put the whole package together the way the CR-V does.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
This quote from MotorTrend sums it up nicely:

"Honda made sure it kept its crown jewel ahead of the field by paying attention to a wide range of details," Detroit editor Alisa Priddle said. "Others might excel in certain fields, but others don't put the whole package together the way the CR-V does.
Yep that's the truth and that's why I bought mine instead of the 2018 RAV4. Toyota did a lot of good things with the Gen4 but they also had a lot of things that felt dated.

Rob

·
Registered
58 Posts
"No crossover provides a better overall balance than the Honda. It's fun to drive yet still comfortable. It's quick yet efficient. It's affordable yet still well equipped. And it's compact outside and spacious inside. The Honda CR-V is not only the best in this segment, but its crossover appeal should also put it on the short list of anyone shopping for a new family ride of any shape or size. With a CR-V this good, it's easy to see why the sedan is on its way out."

Exactly why I bought one. It just does everything well!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
"No crossover provides a better overall balance than the Honda. It's fun to drive yet still comfortable. It's quick yet efficient. It's affordable yet still well equipped. And it's compact outside and spacious inside. The Honda CR-V is not only the best in this segment, but its crossover appeal should also put it on the short list of anyone shopping for a new family ride of any shape or size. With a CR-V this good, it's easy to see why the sedan is on its way out."

Exactly why I bought one. It just does everything well!
It's pretty hard when your shopping around on a certain budget not to end up with a CR-V. No SUV in this price range has ever impressed me as much on the test drive. Admittedly the only flaw that I noticed was the Lag below 2000 rpm.

Rob

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
What good are top ratings if a car manufacturer can' fix known problems and are a pain in the A** to deal with :=(

·
Registered
977 Posts
What good are top ratings if a car manufacturer can' fix known problems and are a pain in the A** to deal with :=(
I agree. Ownership puts a different light on the matter. This is the new Honda with probably countless issues noted on the forum aside from OD including oil leaks, increased oil change frequency, gas leaks, batteries with 12-18 month life span, failing shift knob, many software issues, erratic cruise control velocity, dashboard failures, etc. Fortunately my local dealer has been reasonably good and I haven't needed to seek an OD fix.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I agree. Ownership puts a different light on the matter. This is the new Honda with probably countless issues noted on the forum aside from OD including oil leaks, increased oil change frequency, gas leaks, batteries with 12-18 month life span, failing shift knob, many software issues, erratic cruise control velocity, dashboard failures, etc. Fortunately my local dealer has been reasonably good and I haven't needed to seek an OD fix.
You can go to forums of any vehicles and find countless issues with the vehicle. Some of the complaints are real but exaggerated because of the internet while others are by people who might not even own or drive that vehicle but want to discredit a brand they don't like or they have an interest in a competing brand. We have no way of knowing the truth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts