Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mounting mobile devices in the 2013 EX-L

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rhody401 
#1 ·
I'm looking for ways to mount either a smartphone or a (small) tablet in my 2013 EX-L. There are numerous options out there, including vent-clips, etc. Are there any specific recommendations for mounting gizmos that work well in this model?

Suction mounts are technically illegal in CA, not that most people worry about that.

#2 ·
I've used two successfully. The first is made by a company called Mountek. It mounts in your cd slot and uses a magnet to hold the phone to the mount. If the back of your phone comes off, you can place the metal piece that connects top the magnet inside, if not it has an adhesive that will stick to the back of your phone. No clips or other mounting hardware required. I believe amazon sells it and has pictures that better show how it works. I used it for over a year and never had the phone fall off. I gave it to my son who is still using it now.
The other one is made by a company called Trekker tech. It uses a suction cup mount, however I don't mount it on the windshield. I mounted it on the right side of the flat surface just below the info screen. It also uses a magnet to connect the phone to the mount. Again the phone has never fallen off and I'm amazed the suction cup mount itself hasn't fallen off either. I live in Michigan so I expected when it got cold the suction cup would not hold but so far it's been fine. Again i believe amazon sells this one to.
Hope that helps.

#4 ·
I've used two successfully. The first is made by a company called Mountek. It mounts in your cd slot and uses a magnet to hold the phone to the mount. If the back of your phone comes off, you can place the metal piece that connects top the magnet inside, if not it has an adhesive that will stick to the back of your phone. No clips or other mounting hardware required. I believe amazon sells it and has pictures that better show how it works. I used it for over a year and never had the phone fall off. I gave it to my son who is still using it now.
This is one such model I found on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MNXAFQ6? and there's a heavy duty variant. I'm not keen on sticking a metal plate to my phone but I could try maybe doing so to an unused case, then swap cases for the car. Using CD slot for this is a good use of the slot. I'll buy one and see how it goes.

The other one is made by a company called Trekker tech. It uses a suction cup mount, however I don't mount it on the windshield. I mounted it on the right side of the flat surface just below the info screen. It also uses a magnet to connect the phone to the mount. Again the phone has never fallen off and I'm amazed the suction cup mount itself hasn't fallen off either. I live in Michigan so I expected when it got cold the suction cup would not hold but so far it's been fine. Again i believe amazon sells this one to.
Hope that helps.
I've tried attaching a suction cup to the 'near horizontal' surface in front of the info display (right above the Nav head unit) but it was not 'shiny' enough for the suction cup to work. Either your plastic was shinier than mine, or your suction cup is better than mine!

I've also ordered a classic 'friction' (bean-bag?) type mount that would sit in that spot; given the near-horizontal surface, it should work ok.

I may just order a vent clip to try it for the heck of it.

Thanks!

#6 ·
I've tried many and this one is absolutely fantastic. Thank me later!!!

It has a suction but the magic here is that the suction cup has a 3M non permanent sticky glue. So it sticks to the dash!! It's awesome. Just make sure you put a sun screen on your windshield when parked during summer.

The Original iMagnet Cradle-less Universal Car Phone Windshield Dashboard Mount Holder for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S 6S Plus 5S 5, Galaxy S6 S5, Note 5 4 3, with Official iMagnet Logo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008IOQ3K6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_SeOexbC5149A9

#8 ·
I have been thrilled with the iOttie HLCRIO132 universal bracket in our 2015 tourings. It has the built in wireless charger, as well, to support charging most phones made in the past 2 1/2 years.

I don't know if it fits the 2013 specifically, but this thing can be adjusted and tended all different configurations, so it should basically fit any phone or car. I have our bases mounted in the imid display cubbie, in the dash. There is another thread about this topic, with pics of ours, if you want to see.

Good luck!
Rhody

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.