Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L (gray)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I currently own a 2006 CR-V EX. I'm new here, but not a new CR-V owner (just bought my second pre-owned one, I love it that much).

I have a toll reader that needs to be mounted on windshield, out of the way. I want to mount behind the rear-view mirror with sticky back velcro, but I notice that upper windshield is covered with a smattering of black dots. What is this, and will I somehow damage this finish when I try to peel the velcro off years from now? My old CR-V did not have this, so I'm stumped.

Thank you!

·
Registered
716 Posts
those black dots are dot matrix pattern that serves as 3rd sunshade and they're also part of the black adhesive band that sticks to the frame when you mount the glass. in some cars, they're actually part of the radio antenna.

you wont wreck anything when you peel off your velcro years later. it will take more than velcro to get rid of those black dots.

those dots started coming out in late 2000 or so.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L (gray)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks so much! i suspected the dots had something to do with blocking light. FasTrak is pretty specific when it comes to mounting these gadgets, and I've always had it work reliably above the rear-view.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I place my toll tag on the windshield as directed, but directly behind the rearview so that it is out of my line of sight. I don't even know it's there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts