Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife went on a 4 day trip with her family and while she was gone a mouse took up residence on top of her cabin filter and a squirrel made a nest beside her battery. I can't find the entrance to the fresh air duct, can someone help me out? I will try to make a screen to go over it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,453 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wrong, judging by the size of its poop, it is bigger than a mouse, maybe a rat. Is there another way in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
There was poop all over the engine. Where can it get into the air vent from there?
Just to let everyone know, rodents in the cabin air intake pathway is still an issue in the 2019 CRV. I noticed completely intact tree leaves (not crumbs of leaves) inside the A/C intake grill at the base of the windshield (not the engine intake at the front of the hood). This is the air intake for your cabin air filter. I could see absolutely no way for the leaves to get in there. Honda took care of it. Seems mice can get in through the drain holes in the fender liners that drains the water from the vent area. The mice drag the leaves in to build a nest. At service writer's suggestion, I am using a rodent chasing liquid spray to attempt to keep them from returning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem, nest on cabin filter, Filter slot is so narrow, anything on top will get scraped off and fall into blower fan. Had to remove blower fan to remove debri. Poor Honda design. Mice and rodent nest are common problems, Why can't manufacturers built a rodent proof vehicle..Had a piece of metal screen which I cut and attached with sheet metal screws. Also blocked small hole to left of filter opening. No problems since.
P1000279.JPG

·
Registered
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
^^ for the curious, that stuff is called 'hardware cloth' even though it is galvanized steel. Since it's chew-proof, it is really the only proper fix for this problem. Gutter guard and other similar products are not chew-proof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to let everyone know, rodents in the cabin air intake pathway is still an issue in the 2019 CRV. I noticed completely intact tree leaves (not crumbs of leaves) inside the A/C intake grill at the base of the windshield (not the engine intake at the front of the hood). This is the air intake for your cabin air filter. I could see absolutely no way for the leaves to get in there. Honda took care of it. Seems mice can get in through the drain holes in the fender liners that drains the water from the vent area. The mice drag the leaves in to build a nest. At service writer's suggestion, I am using a rodent chasing liquid spray to attempt to keep them from returning.
Can you give me the product name please for the “rodent chasing liquid spray?”

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,747 Posts
Can you give me the product name please for the “rodent chasing liquid spray?”
Hello and welcome.

The person you are posting to hasnt been on in over 14 months.

You might wanna Google search such product...👌

Reactions: fishycomics
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.