Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, so my friend and I moved to Montana for a seasonal job, fell in love with it, and are now staying permanently but if anyone is familiar with Montana then you know the roads are hell in the winter which started today actually. What are some decent tires that are winter specific? My conditions are mountainous terrain and heavy snow/ice. Obvious I’ll try to avoid danger but as we all know, shit happens. I’d prefer to avoid studded and try to stay under $1,000 but really >$800. Also any and all advice regarding the area vehicle wise would be fantastic. Thank y’all!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Picking dental floss? 😉😂

I had Michelin xice i3’s and they were great but I got a sidewall puncture and doh d out they were discontinued 😭😭

I now have some all weather tires but do t know if they’re any good.

make sure the tires you buy are still in production.

if you have a full size spare like I do and the tires are non-directional, consider buying a set of five and rotating all five so they all wear evenly and if one tire gets wrecked you’re not SOL

·
Super Moderator
2018 EX-L fwd
1,600 Posts
Welcome to the CRVOC forum.

When asking for advice on this forum, you will find many folks willing to help. For you to get the advice you need, everyone needs to know the year & trim of your vehicle. Click on your Avatar [upper right hand corner], -->Account Settings, -->Vehicle Information. Fill in the pertinent information about your vehicle. In this manner, that important info will appear every time you post. There are 5 generations of this vehicle with the 6th being just around the corner. Information for Gen 1 may not apply to Gen 4 vehicles. Things such as tire sizes have changed across the generations.

What you can do is go to a national tire site, such as Discount Tire or Tire Rack. Both sites have very comprehensive vehicle search functions. Supply the needed information concerning your vehicle to get their recommendations & price points for a variety of tires.

You can also do an Advanced Search. Click on the 3 dots next to your Avatar, -->Advanced Search. Fill in the parameters for your concern, then hit Search. You will discover real world solutions to problems such as yours.

Keep us posted.

PS: Send some of that cooler temperature down this way. Today's high temp will be in the mid 90's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts