Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:DI connected a 16 gig usb drive and it works very well, the albums come up in folders. That's great, but they are not in the order that I put them. Is there a way to order them. Will my radio except a playlist ? Does anybody have some experience with this ? How big of a drive will work with my radio ?:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
You would have to read your headunit's manual. In my last vehicle I had a pioneer head unit that SAID it read up to 500GB via USB, but it really didn't have enough power to run the external hard drive. Back to topic though, I couldn't ever get mine to play in the right order either. I would make the folders, subfolders and make them in alphabetical order then when I plugged them in they would display the albums in random.

·
Registered
80 Posts
:DI connected a 16 gig usb drive and it works very well, the albums come up in folders. That's great, but they are not in the order that I put them. Is there a way to order them. Will my radio except a playlist ? Does anybody have some experience with this ? How big of a drive will work with my radio ?:D
in my experience with the usb flash drives and navi, the folders come up alphabetically. but the playlist comes up in the order the songs r added to that folder on the pc, also alphabetically. so its like abcdabcd never aabbccdd unless u drag it out of flash drive completely and back.

imo, i like the pc card adapter and sd memory cards better, the headunit reads it MUCHHH faster and loads track list MUCHHH quicker

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I had the same problem. This thread from a board here in the UK helped ...

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/44684-found-tool-sort-mp3-s-thumb-drive.html

Cheers :)
HOLY COW, that was a good program BUT IT CAME WITH A BUNCH OF MALWARE!!!!!!

EDIT:It came with "SweetPacks" and I had to go into my registry to get rid of everything so it wouldn't keep going to a website to keep restarting it. What a hassle, it targets MSIE, Chrome, and Firefox as best I can tell; looks like it doesn't care about Safari. I always wonder if the malicious ones of the Mac users write malicious code that messes with non-Mac users just because that's what spiteful people do. Grr... People... Who needs 'em??? :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I never use mine, or CD's since it is sooooo much easier to just use my iPhone!

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I never use mine, or CD's since it is sooooo much easier to just use my iPhone!
LOL, well, I do that, too, through the Bluetooth audio streaming, but the USB is a nice place to put my thumbdrive for music so my sweet wife can stay in the CR-V, listening to her favorite music on those REALLY HOT or REALLY RAINY days while I run into the store to get something. She can stay in comfort, and I still have my phone so she can call and check up on me, or I can call if I have a question about which kinds of feminine products I'm supposed to get. I'm so whipped... :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Well if you put it that way, get an iPod... ha-ha

I find streaming bluetooth not as clear as aux. plug in and you could leave the iPod hidden in the car all the time. I just find the USB technology slow & crappy and you can only carry so many CD's around whereas the iPod does it all.

USB is not all it should be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts