Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a weird issue that I'm hoping someone here has seen before. I drive a 2008 Honda CR-V EX-L. It has the stereo system with navigation built in and everything works pretty well.

After I purchased the vehicle, I purchased a SanDisk Extreme 32GB CompactFlash card (since I can't post links yet go to Amazon - search "SanDisk Extreme SDCFXSB-032G-G46 32GB CompactFlash Memory Card") and adapter (Amazon - search "New Style Laptop PCMCIA Compact Flash PC CF Card Reader Adapter Super Fast Ship") and started loading it up with some of my favorite music. Worked like a champ! This is by far the most "sophisticated" stereo system I've ever had so I was pretty pleased with it. I've never had the ability to play music from a card before, only from a data CD (which obviously can't hold as much).

Most everything I have works great. But I have some MP3s that won't play. They don't produce errors; they just don't play. When I tell the stereo to play the MP3s in these particular folders, the radio just blows through them all (stopping for a second or so to display the name before moving on to the next).

I've run them through different conversion programs to make sure the sampling frequency, bit rate, etc. were all correct and they are, so far as I can tell. They still won't play.

To make things even more interesting, I burned some of these MP3 folders to a CDRW and played them in my wife's Honda Accord. They worked like a champ! On a whim, I thought I'd try this same CD in my CR-V and 'lo and behold, the MP3's played from the CD.

So I'm not sure what to try next. I know this is a long post for something so trivial, but it's driving me nuts that I can't get these songs to play from the card.

Anyone seen this before and know anything to try?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

I have a weird issue that I'm hoping someone here has seen before. I drive a 2008 Honda CR-V EX-L. It has the stereo system with navigation built in and everything works pretty well.

After I purchased the vehicle, I purchased a SanDisk Extreme 32GB CompactFlash card (since I can't post links yet go to Amazon - search "SanDisk Extreme SDCFXSB-032G-G46 32GB CompactFlash Memory Card") and adapter (Amazon - search "New Style Laptop PCMCIA Compact Flash PC CF Card Reader Adapter Super Fast Ship") and started loading it up with some of my favorite music. Worked like a champ! This is by far the most "sophisticated" stereo system I've ever had so I was pretty pleased with it. I've never had the ability to play music from a card before, only from a data CD (which obviously can't hold as much).

Most everything I have works great. But I have some MP3s that won't play. They don't produce errors; they just don't play. When I tell the stereo to play the MP3s in these particular folders, the radio just blows through them all (stopping for a second or so to display the name before moving on to the next).

I've run them through different conversion programs to make sure the sampling frequency, bit rate, etc. were all correct and they are, so far as I can tell. They still won't play.

To make things even more interesting, I burned some of these MP3 folders to a CDRW and played them in my wife's Honda Accord. They worked like a champ! On a whim, I thought I'd try this same CD in my CR-V and 'lo and behold, the MP3's played from the CD.

So I'm not sure what to try next. I know this is a long post for something so trivial, but it's driving me nuts that I can't get these songs to play from the card.

Anyone seen this before and know anything to try?

Hi Street9009,
Did you manage to solve the problem? I'm facing the same issues with mp3 files I transferred from YT. Some do work but on others (the more recent I've grab from YT) it happens the same as on your CR-V...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Often they need a specific file structure or naming limit on characters in the file name or files that don't adhere to that can't get correctly read.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
702 Posts
Most cd burning software removes illegal characters and keep the names below 64 characters.
You need to rename the bad ones removing every character - windows does not always display the bad characters and many are added to you tube names to prevent you from stealing them. Even your folder names cannot have bad characters. I name my folders 01, 02 ... 99 to prevent the Japanese mp3 radio logic from rejecting any folders.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Most cd burning software removes illegal characters and keep the names below 64 characters.
You need to rename the bad ones removing every character - windows does not always display the bad characters and many are added to you tube names to prevent you from stealing them. Even your folder names cannot have bad characters. I name my folders 01, 02 ... 99 to prevent the Japanese mp3 radio logic from rejecting any folders.
Some headunits also have strange naming and folder requirements, best is to find an owners manual and see what they say there. For instance I had a pioneer that wouldn't allow file names longer than 8 character in the USB flash drive

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.