Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to change the sound and have always dont cat-back systems but I can't find **** for my CRV. Am I going to have to make it myself, or just keep the stock. What's everyone else running and cost if you don't mind. Thanks and have a great weekend

·
Registered
46 Posts
OBX racing makes a catback exhaust for the 2nd gen. I have a 2004 and I first tried a muffler delete. It sounded slightly more aggressive and took some weight off. Then I tried making my own catback exhaust. Power wise there wasn't much change unless you were fully opening the throttle, then I noticed more gain on the top end. At the time I also had a DC sports short ram intake. In the end I hated the drone of the vibrant ultra quiet resonator and performance magnaflow exhaust I used. I just put the stock catback exhaust on with the muffler delete. I also got rid of the short ram intake cause it made a horrible whistle noise at a specific throttle body position. Nothing I tried mitigated the whistling, but I know that short ram/cold air intakes are prone to have whistling sounds. Here is a link to a couple videos I made of both setups I had.

Muffler Delete
Custom Catback

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm waiting for it to be finished but on gen1 I had to basically fab and make it all work and well basically after all the hard work and hours it'll be k2 tri y long tube header modifications done by a shop with a magnaflow high flow cat and 2.5 yonaka the rest of the way back all said and done should be picking it up from the shop with the header buttoned up tommorow I'm curious to see how it sounds ?? they definetly don't make it easy on gen 1 or gen 2 to probably its all in modifying..if you want other then the few elections they give you for older rvs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts