Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
4,262 Posts
That is pretty awesome! Yea that is something to consider and would be pretty cool to have!
This is the one I'm using, but there are less expensive solutions, and carrier subsidies.
This one allows you to connect external antennas for extended range.

Reactions: De$perad0

·
Registered
2022 CRV Touring
3 Posts
Bought a 2022 CRV Touring model a few weeks ago and on Tuesday at 432 miles I only get a grey screen on the infotainment system. Pulled fuses, disconnected battery and no change. Nothing will respond and the two front dash USB outlets are dead too. Off to the dealership yesterday and they've confirmed the entire head unit is bad and needs to be replaced. Waiting to hear back on Monday as to whether (1) it can be sourced locally or (2) it will come on a slow boat from overseas.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,200 Posts
Bought a 2022 CRV Touring model a few weeks ago and on Tuesday at 432 miles I only get a grey screen on the infotainment system. Pulled fuses, disconnected battery and no change. Nothing will respond and the two front dash USB outlets are dead too. Off to the dealership yesterday and they've confirmed the entire head unit is bad and needs to be replaced. Waiting to hear back on Monday as to whether (1) it can be sourced locally or (2) it will come on a slow boat from overseas.
Here's hoping! Be sure to let us know.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
4,262 Posts
I think the fact that they confirmed the head unit was bad so quickly is a positive sign.
Some have had to jump through hoops to get the dealer to agree it was faulty, even when they had video of it acting up.
I know in the past some dealers just shotgunned the head units, so Honda is now pickier about replacing them.
Keep us informed, thanks.

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Registered
2020 CR-V EX-L Hybrid
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That's good that they accepted the head unit was bad so quickly. Dealers can be real PITA about agreeing to do warranty work sometimes even with lots of proof and evidence.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,576 Posts
That's good that they accepted the head unit was bad so quickly. Dealers can be real PITA about agreeing to do warranty work sometimes even with lots of proof and evidence.
In fairness though, this head unit was clearly defective, and persistently so. Gray screen, nonresponsive.. clearly dead.

Much of the head unit complaints we usually see center around some intermittent function (like screen brightness, or soft keys non-responsive, etc) where it is less than obvious what the cause might be, and Honda has had some early software issues that were fixed with updates. Not to mention, owners having an intermittent, and the dealers being unable to recreate it.

You are correct, early on Dealers were swapping head units with mixed success.. for what was apparently one or more software issues... which I am sure strained supplier relationships with Mitsubishi and Honda over high rate of RMAs that on R&R Mistubushi found them passing all specs. Which now means more gating by Honda on warranty claims on head units.

I have a feeling that next gen head units from Honda are going to have their own embedded self-test and error logging, so dealerships can actually interrogate it's operating history, like so many other systems in the vehicle, and eliminate a lot of the "unconfirmed" issues that have plagued some owners.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts