Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5G 2018 Honda CR-V EXL 1.5 Turbo CVT/77,000 miles
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,
To give some back story, I skidded in snow and my front passenger side tire into a curb pretty good, and for a fact busted my wheel bearing back in winter of 2020.

I got it replaced the next day, but then almost every day (especially during the winter) when I start my car, I would be met with 15+ warning lights ranging from TPMS sensor issue, uphill start etc. I can jot them all down and add them later.

So I took the car to a more reliable local shop who specializes in Hondas, and they couldn’t figure out what the issue is. So all they could do for me the couple times I brought it in was give the computer a reset for $50 a pop.

Like I said, the car is still having the same issue to this day. On most days during the warmer months I can go maybe a month or two without all the warning lights, but as soon as the temp drops, I’m constantly greeted with warnings.

Because it’s a consistent issue in the cold, I’m taking a crack and saying the cold is messing with a connection. And looking into some similar issues, I’m guessing it’s possibly the ABS sensor? Although the shop has told me they didn’t see anything else wrong with a second inspection after the first shop. And with my busy schedule and 3 hr daily commute to work, I do not have the means to leave the car at the shop for multiple days for them to play around with it.

Has anyone else had a similar issue such as this after an accident with a tire? All help and insight is much appreciated!

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,746 Posts
Helps if we know what age/mileage/trim of your CR-V you have.... :) So if you could complete your profile that would be helpful and saves people asking you over and over.

Symptoms are synonymous with failing battery as per this thread:

Depends on your vehicle details.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the heads up, I did just that!
When it asked for my vehicle details when I signed up I assumed people would see that lol.

but I’ll post them here as well just in case.

And in regards to the failing battery. I also assumed that at first too. So I put a new battery in around 3 months ago, of course with a battery disconnected for a short time the lights went away. I started the car a few hours later and they were back.

· Super Moderator
2022 CRV EX FWD 2022 Chevy Colorado
3,331 Posts
Evening all,
To give some back story, I skidded in snow and my front passenger side tire into a curb pretty good, and for a fact busted my wheel bearing back in winter of 2020.

I got it replaced the next day, but then almost every day (especially during the winter) when I start my car, I would be met with 15+ warning lights ranging from TPMS sensor issue, uphill start etc. I can jot them all down and add them later.

So I took the car to a more reliable local shop who specializes in Hondas, and they couldn’t figure out what the issue is. So all they could do for me the couple times I brought it in was give the computer a reset for $50 a pop.

Like I said, the car is still having the same issue to this day. On most days during the warmer months I can go maybe a month or two without all the warning lights, but as soon as the temp drops, I’m constantly greeted with warnings.

Because it’s a consistent issue in the cold, I’m taking a crack and saying the cold is messing with a connection. And looking into some similar issues, I’m guessing it’s possibly the ABS sensor? Although the shop has told me they didn’t see anything else wrong with a second inspection after the first shop. And with my busy schedule and 3 hr daily commute to work, I do not have the means to leave the car at the shop for multiple days for them to play around with it.

Has anyone else had a similar issue such as this after an accident with a tire? All help and insight is much appreciated!
I would honestly take you car to the Honda dealership. The place you are taking it is full of crooks. They are charging you $50 each time they reset your engine light? You can go to any auto parts store and they will do it for free. Since you said in another post that you replaced your battery 3 months I would think it has something to do with your ABS sensor. The Honda dealer will be able to figure it out though. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zprusick

· Super Moderator
2018 EX-L fwd
1,837 Posts
As we all know, electrical problems can be difficult to diagnose.

One simple method is to check all your grounding locations to see if anything is amiss. There are several electrical grounding locations throughout the engine bay area. IIRC, there is a grounding location near the front wheel area. If the impact you had was so significant that you had to replace the wheel bearing, then some things that should remain solidly attached may have been jostled loose. It may be that a loose major ground location is giving you your intermittent problems.

Others on this forum may have more specific locations to look at.

· Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
3,239 Posts
Agree with the others about going to a Honda dealer. A couple of possible causes come to mind since the wheel bearing was replaced, the ABS sensor was damaged in the accident or during the bearing replacement. Also the bearing was installed backwards. The bearing contains a magnetic tone ring on one end of the bearing which the ABS sensor uses to determine wheel speed.
As for shops that specializes in Hondas....The latest generation of Hondas have more electronic controls and integrated systems than the space shuttle and requires a lot of knowledge and equipment to diagnose issues. Shops with this kind of expertise are few and far between at this time.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if the wheel bearing was put in backwards. I took the car to a Tires Plus right down the street from me because I didn’t want to drive on it long. And then they started BSing me on other broken parts to get extra money.
At least I can pick up an ABS sensor from autozone for $30 and then take it to a shop to get replaced.
But thank you for the ideas!

i will definitely have to look at those forums!
One of the gents who posted earlier referenced a battery issue forum and saw a twist test.
If and when our weather clears up I will probably start with that and then check the other grounds as I go.
Thanks for the idea!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately I cannot find a post on here that labels any specific grounding wire locations for my car. Does anyone know where I could possibly find a diagram or something showing where they are? I don’t want to mess it up

· Registered
2022 CRV Touring
831 Posts
Unfortunately I cannot find a post on here that labels any specific grounding wire locations for my car. Does anyone know where I could possibly find a diagram or something showing where they are? I don’t want to mess it up
Sounds like you need a service manual or take the vehicle to a Honda dealership. Good luck.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I took the car to an Autozone today to have them use their OBDII to figure out what’s wrong.
Finally got a straight answer. It is the fuel injector in my No3 cylinder misfiring. So I’m gonna order the part and take to a shop to fix.

thanks for the help and insight everyone!

· Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
3,239 Posts
You don't replace a single injector, you replace them as a set. You will also need a new fuel rail, because trying to reuse the old one may result in leaks. Don't skimp, your fuel system operates at 3000 psi not 80 psi for port injection.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,746 Posts
Well I took the car to an Autozone today to have them use their OBDII to figure out what’s wrong.
Finally got a straight answer. It is the fuel injector in my No3 cylinder misfiring. So I’m gonna order the part and take to a shop to fix.

thanks for the help and insight everyone!
Please post any updates here:

Many thanks!

Reactions: Zprusick
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.