Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I found that in CR-V 2018 Touring when I call someone or respond to call, Sirius XM music from car is still playing at full volume and obviously other side hears it.
In my 2014 Civic or 2014 Accord with same phone music pauses or perhaps volume just go down a lot so I can talk easily and nobody can hear music.

Anybody knows how to fix that? I suspect it is some settings but I did read Owner's manual and couldn't find anything related to this. But I admit I didn't read it thoroughly.

Thank you,
Vlad

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hi

I found that in CR-V 2018 Touring when I call someone or respond to call, music still playing at full volume and obviously other side hears it.
In my 2014 Civic or 2014 Accord with same phone music pauses or perhaps volume just go down a lot so I can talk easily and nobody can hear music.

Anybody knows how to fix that? I suspect it is some settings but I did read Owner's manual and couldn't find anything related to this. But I admit I didn't read it thoroughly.

Thank you,
Vlad
I believe it is the phone's responsibility to stop playing music, the head unit is 'dumb' in this sense. What do you have?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have iPhone 8. Same phone works just fine in 2014 Civic.
I found this in manual: "HFL Limitations. An incoming call on HFL will interrupt the audio system when it is playing. It will resume when the call is ended". Looks like it is HFL.

Just in case, car is playing Sirius XM and then somebody calls. I answer and Sirius XM still playing without any change in volume.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have iPhone 8. Same phone works just fine in 2014 Civic.
I found this in manual: "HFL Limitations. An incoming call on HFL will interrupt the audio system when it is playing. It will resume when the call is ended". Looks like it is HFL.

Just in case, car is playing Sirius XM and then somebody calls. I answer and Sirius XM still playing without any change in volume.
Try rebooting the head unit by holding volume down until it prompts you. Also might try unpair and repair at the same time.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts