·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the love guys. Like i said, i dont have My V any more but i thought i would give those pics back to this community as a test to what these things can do, and trust me, they can do A LOT!! I never once got it stuck, and i went through some serious stuff. There are some Videos in links at the bottom of the first post too that i think you guys would like. Enjoy Guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
even with the driving lights and the license plate, i never had any issues with cooling. Not once. I do miss those light too, they were like a second set of highbeams. They were great when i went offroading like that at night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
07 crv awd

I wanted to thank everyone for the information about using the VSA with the AWD. I live in Dallas and although we don't have "severe" weather, we do have heavy rain throughout the year, as well as snow/ice in the December/January months. And one day I hope to move to Chicago. With that said, I made sure I purchased the AWD CRV. But I wasn't sure how the VSA worked with AWD. So I called two car dealers and Honda customer service back in 2007 when I first got my car, and I got different answers from each person. I know zilch about cars as far as mechanically, but logically I kept thinking "how would the back wheels kick in if the VSA is preventing the front wheels from spinning to begin with". I mean, I think that was a fair question. So I asked them if I should have the VSA on or off. Most said ON. I again advised them that I really didn't see how that made sense. I read your post here and it totally answered my question - in heavy snow/ice, it's best to turn the VSA "OFF". That makes total sense. I wanted to test it during the ice we had here 2 weeks ago. I went to a local grocery store (back of the store) and simply came to a stop. Wasn't doing donuts or anything, but just wanted to see what my car can do. So I moved my side mirror down so I can see my rear tire. Then, with the VSA on, I pushed the gas. The front wheels spun for a quick second but then stopped spinning before the VSA kicked in. I "thought" I saw the rear wheel move a bit, but I think that may have just been because the car moved forward (duh - lol). Now I stopped again and turned the VSA off. I then hit the gas again and WALA, the rear wheels started spinning like mad after a second. I loved it. Not that I was going to go mountain climbing or anything, but I just simply was trying to find out the best way to drive my car in the severe weather, especially when I move to Chicago. I know now to turn the VSA off. So thank you for answering something that 2 dealers and Honda themselves couldn't answer! :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I'm no expert but Honda recommends to leave the VSA on for stability until you have traction problems. Then if it gets in the way...turn it off

The few miles I have driven in the snow that seemed to work fine.

I guess the real answer is that the CR-V is pretty good no matter what you do or how you drive. It is kind of like splitting hairs.

I personally like the feeling of drifting around snow in curves with the VSA on as my skills are not quite as good or reflex quite as fast as the VSA. I have to do everything with my hands. I cannot use my feet at all! If I stop and get stuck then it is time to pull another trick out of the hat - No VSA! The minute you start moving, the VSA goes back on.

The real issue is to not get stuck or hit anything. If you can manage that then why try to fix what is not broke.

Potatoes Po-ta-tos Tomatoes To-ma-tos :)

-Rg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts