Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a knocking from the front end of my '97. I was told that it could be the sway bar end links. Anyone else had this issue? thanks

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hey, I have a knocking from the front end of my '97. I was told that it could be the sway bar end links. Anyone else had this issue? thanks
Very common around 100,000 miles on up. It is very hard to diagnose since you cannot, by hand, grab and shake the sway bar end links to verify they are bad. I have replaced all 4 (2 front, 2 rear) on my 99.

They tend to make noise when you hit an unequal bump. For example, hitting a speed bump dead on with both tires at the same time won't do it, but crossing the same speed bump diagonally will make the noise. You can also try to push on the bumper on one side and try to duplicate. I was able to do this on mine and with a helper, located the source of the noise which was the end links.

After-market links are available and on eBay.

I have also replaced my upper radiator mount bushings as they were causing the radiator to clunk back and forth. They were about $3 each and take 2 minutes to replace for the pair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts