Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Picked up my 2017 Canadian Touring in Gunmetal Metallic last week. Has about 400km on it right now. It has been great!

A list of things I have done immediately throughout the first week of owning it.

- Tinted front windows to match rear
- Super bright led trunk/reverse lights
- White led fog lights
- High heat black spray paint on rear exhaust tube to hide the welds
- Front and Rear Parking sensors (2 Front , 4 Rear)

In the future:
Weathertech floor mats
19 inch rims/tires
Bridgestone Blizzak DMV2 snow tires
Krown Rustproofing

Enjoy the pictures below! If any questions, please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome, great color choice (like mine)! I'm considering the front parking sensors, too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great additions:) So now that you had it for a little while, what do you think of some of the pros+cons of this car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great additions:) So now that you had it for a little while, what do you think of some of the pros+cons of this car?
Thanks!
Just off the top of my head right now some likes and dislikes. This is coming from a previous 2012 CR-V EX and also based on what I expect from a compact SUV.

- interior, exterior styling (much better than previous generation bean shape)
- features, value (lots of standard features on Touring model, wouldn't consider other models, feels a step above other CR-V Trims, like a halfway step to Acura)
- great balance between ride and handling, good steering weight and precision, agile for its size and height
- low end torque
- leather seats, driver adjustments (lumbar!)
- larger battery

Dislikes
- CVT (if had the choice I wouldn't have one, the rest of the car is just too good.. i do miss the AT/K24 combo in the old models)
- throttle response
- ugly wheels (like seriously wtf are these... a must change for me)
- some cheapness can still be seen and felt but is forgivable
- I don't mind the fake wood but wish we had choice of the aluminum look that is available in other markets
- Want LED fog lights which are in the Asian versions (since its a Touring CR-V, it would be great if they could include that as well... prolly will be MMC)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, great color choice (like mine)! I'm considering the front parking sensors, too.

Thanks! Yes the gunmetal was my favourite colour out of all... I like how it was also only available on EXL or Touring so you see less of them on the road. That is good considering these things are everywhere!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'll be in Ottawa at the beginning of September and gladly buy them from you for the right price. Mentioning it on the off chance that's where you are in Ontario, or maybe you can get there, and that you're ready to buy replacements.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be in Ottawa at the beginning of September and gladly buy them from you for the right price. Mentioning it on the off chance that's where you are in Ontario, or maybe you can get there, and that you're ready to buy replacements.
LOL, thanks for the offer buddy, but the car is a lease, even if i get replacements, i will keep these still, debating if i will use them for snow tires or find some cheap alloys instead. Will be looking at 19s for spring/summer/fall

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice car, congrats, you have Krown on your agenda. Not sure why you would want someone to drill holes in your new car and spray oil to damage the rubber seals and possibly plug the existing drain holes. I'd think about it a bit and maybe do a bit more research before you do the rustproofing.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thanks!
Just off the top of my head right now some likes and dislikes. This is coming from a previous 2012 CR-V EX and also based on what I expect from a compact SUV.

- interior, exterior styling (much better than previous generation bean shape)
- features, value (lots of standard features on Touring model, wouldn't consider other models, feels a step above other CR-V Trims, like a halfway step to Acura)
- great balance between ride and handling, good steering weight and precision, agile for its size and height
- low end torque
- leather seats, driver adjustments (lumbar!)
- larger battery

Dislikes
- CVT (if had the choice I wouldn't have one, the rest of the car is just too good.. i do miss the AT/K24 combo in the old models)
- throttle response
- some cheapness can still be seen and felt but is forgivable
- I don't mind the fake wood but wish we had choice of the aluminum look that is available in other markets
- Want LED fog lights which are in the Asian versions (since its a Touring CR-V, it would be great if they could include that as well... prolly will be MMC)
Good and I agree with most of it.. I don't hate the tires. What LED fog lights did you get? Did you install yourself and would you recommend them?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ditto from me-I'm interested in the Asian led fog lights. But if that's not feasible then I'd like to know the best led bulb replacements for our fog lights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good and I agree with most of it.. I don't hate the tires. What LED fog lights did you get? Did you install yourself and would you recommend them?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Just bought it on Amazon Prime. Many choices there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just picked up our LX last night and we are quite happy with the purchase. Weather Tech mats liners should be here tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts