Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Maryland and I haven't received the letter on the oil dilution "fix". I'm about to change the oil anyways so out of curiosity I called American Honda customer service.

I specifically mentioned the TSB 18-114 and asked if the update also applies to my vehicle (gave the VIN as well). The rep said there is no ongoing produce update on my vehicle. This surprised me because I thought all vehicles with the 1.5L turbo engine are subject to this update.

How should I interpret this?
1) The TSB doesn't apply to my region (Maryland).
2) The TSB doesn't apply to my specific vehicle.
3) The rep is ill-informed.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When was your vehicle built (see sticker on drivers side door jam)?
Vehicles built after September 2018 may already have the Product Update applied (that would be verified by a dealership using the VIN ).
July 18. Thus pre-"fix". Sorry I forgot to mention that!

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you really, really wanted the Product Update, that so far has had mixed results - some reported better, some no difference, some worse, you could consider driving to a dealership in a state that is eligible.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I purchased my EX-L in May 2018 and have not received any notice yet either. Is there a way to check? I live in California which has a wide range of climates so it is hard to say that the entire state is in a warm region. I wanted to wait till late in the process to see if the Fix was effective and had more benefit than harm.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fairly certain Maryland is "Not" one of the included States. I'm in Maryland with a 2018 EX I purchased in March. Never got a TSB recall either.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fairly certain Maryland is "Not" one of the included States. I'm in Maryland with a 2018 EX I purchased in March. Never got a TSB recall either.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for your input. I hope/presume we'll get it sometime down the road.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a 2018 EXL that I bought in May 2018. When I type my VIN into the Honda Recall site it says "There are no safety recalls for this vehicle". I bought my car in California. Is this the same message that you get if you have the Fix notice?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have a 2018 EXL that I bought in May 2018. When I type my VIN into the Honda Recall site it says "There are no safety recalls for this vehicle". I bought my car in California. Is this the same message that you get if you have the Fix notice?
No. First there is no recall notice, Honda is trying to fly under the radar and minimize the bad PR. They call this a Product Update and it will not appear under the recall vin. Second, if you are in California you are not in one of the States that gets the product update. It only applies to 21 States that Honda USA considers cold. Not even Colorado is cold enough according to Honda.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.